Home

Penn & Teller's Bullsh!t

swphreak

P&T's latest episode of Bull**** was about Video Game Violence. They interview Jack Thompson, some fat guy with a fire triangle who likes guns but is against virtual guns, the Grand Theft Childhood authors, and a 9 year old kid. I'm probably forgetting some people.

It's a great episode. If you can, you should definitely check it out.

Note: The episode contains foul language, and pretty graphic video game violence. No nudity (they sometimes have boobies on certain episodes).

Article on GamePolitics.

Yea I usually like BS, but I haven't been watching the last couple seasons so I'm behind, hopefully I can catch up soon. I figured they would get around to video game violence at some point :)

IG-64 got me to start watching it about a year ago. I, ahem, acquired the first 4 seasons and marathon watched them all basically. It took me the rest of the year or so since to watch season 5 and 6 for some reason though. It's not that they were bad, I just didn't finish them off for some reason.

I'm a little more fond of episodes where they go after things the majority of people believe in (Dalai Lama, Mother Theresa, and Gandhi being one), but this was good too.

What he said.

Yeah. Bullsh*t. I loved the DVDs since I don't get HBO or nothing like that. All that realistic myth busting. I miss that show.

Senators: "Violent video games make you more violent."

Baaahhhh! Well y'know what? That just makes me all sad inside. :smirk2:

FACT: nobody who indulges in rock music, or violent video games, has really done something rash unless they weren't *already* likely to do so. Amiright?

There's good reason this kind of stuff (ultra real violence games) isn't available for kids.

"ZOMG we need to ban it!" And what, give the adults who play it sensitivity lessons?

Yeah Bullsh*t is an awesome show as it exposes all the myths and cons for what they really are...which is...? :)

Archived