Home

lucasarts best adventure game

gos

wich one is the best lucasarts game?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. wich one is the best lucasarts game?

• labyrinth
    • maniac mansion
    • loom
    • zak mckracken
    • secret of monkey island
    • indiana jones: the last crusade
    • indiana jones: fate of Atlantis
    • monkey island 2:lechuck's revenge
    • day of the tentacle
    • sam & max hit the road
    • full throttle
    • the dig
    • curse of monkey island
    • grim fandango
    • escape from monkey island

I go for Day of the Tentacle. I love that game. I like the characters, the color, the story and the humor. I like pretty much all the big title adventure games but this one is most enjoyable and I dont get frustrade. Its a game I can sit down on the couch turn on my laptop and play for hours. Thats why I like this one.

Monkey Island 2. It's perfect. For me it's the sweet spot. Those lush backgrounds, the awesome music (still my favourite of all the soundtracks), hilarious dialogue, awesome puzzles, the sheer length of the game... and the attention to detail. There are little bits everywhere that almost suggest the game was finished with a week to go, allowing them to pour over it and add tinsel. It's my favourite game of all time never mind this list.

Ok I read all this monkey island stuff and full throtle. I like monkey island alot but I realy truly have never heard of Full Throtle ( Kinda Embarasing being a HUGE adventure game fan and Lucasarts fan.) and just discovered it. But I never here anything about DOTT! I know that Monkey Island is way more popular than the Maniac Mansion sereis but I think they should give it a little mor respect. Maniac Manison is the mother of all adventure games and It doesnt even have its own forum. And DOTT! I know there are Day of the Tentacle fans out there and every time I make a new thread about DOTT its overlooked like a hobo on the side of the road. I think we need to start talking about it some more. Its next on Telltales List. Just saying...

@purple: To be honest I didn't like DotT all that much. Like all LA's adventure games, it's deifinitely a cut above the industry but I personally find it the weakest game of the line. The only part I completely liked was how you could send items through time, that was a really innovative piece of gampeplay, but I didn't really like the overly cartoony feel and the humour, while great, wasn't as good as the other LA games (doesn't mean it didn't get me rolling on the floor a few times).

And so I must conclude (and get beaten up later) that DotT is a tad overrated. >_>

@purple: To be honest I didn't like DotT all that much. Like all LA's adventure games, it's deifinitely a cut above the industry but I personally find it the weakest game of the line. The only part I completely liked was how you could send items through time, that was a really innovative piece of gampeplay, but I didn't really like the overly cartoony feel and the humour, while great, wasn't as good as the other LA games (doesn't mean it didn't get me rolling on the floor a few times).

And so I must conclude (and get beaten up later) that DotT is a tad overrated. >_>

Well it should at least get some respect. But I am fine with that answere....:bernard:

Toonstruck is effing brilliant. The art style + the big 'maps' + the voice acting + Christopher Lloyd was mind blowing at the time! I rate it very highly. Shame it's an absolute arsehole to get running on modern computers, even with dosbox.

There's something I love about the simplicity of the Lucasarts games though. Full Throttle and MI 1+2 are on level par for me I think. MI is just brilliant from start to finish, but Full Throttle has a really great story, awesome art, and completable on a lazy sunday afternoon!

I played the following (in this order):

indiana jones and fate of Atlantis

grim fandango

full throttle

sam & max hit the road

secret of monkey island

monkey island 2:lechuck's revenge

curse of monkey island

escape from monkey island

loom

maniac mansion

I'd have to say that my favorite is Fate of Atlantis, the atmosphere is just wonderfull. And the thrill of discovering Atlantis is great. Really good story and loads of replay value. The only thing I don't really like about this game is the backtracking in the Atlantis maze.

Second would be both Secret of Monkey Island: LeChuck's Revenge and Grim Fandango.

After that I think Full Throttle, Secret of Monkey Island and Sam & Max Hit the Road. These are also brilliant, and a bit below these comes Curse of Monkey Island, good, but not quite brilliant.

Loom has a good story, but the gameplay doesn't appeal to me as much as standard Point 'n Click adventure games.

Maniac Mansion, was fun. I only played it recently for the first time, I guess it's a bit more dated than others to be really anthusiastic about it.

Escape of Monkey Island was enjoyable, but not special.

Of course, it's really hard to compare so many wonderfull brilliant classics.

1. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

2. The Secret of Monkey Island

3. Grim Fandango

4. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

5. The Curse of Monkey Island

6. Full Throttle

7. The Day of the Tentacle

8. The Dig

9. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

10. Sam & Max Hit the Road

11. Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

12. Loom

13. Maniac Mansion

144. Escape from Monkey Island

1. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

2. The Secret of Monkey Island

3. Grim Fandango

4. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

5. The Curse of Monkey Island

6. Full Throttle

7. The Day of the Tentacle

8. The Dig

9. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

10. Sam & Max Hit the Road

11. Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

12. Loom

13. Maniac Mansion

144. Escape from Monkey Island

Damn you hate EFMI that much man? :)

Toonstruck is effing brilliant. The art style + the big 'maps' + the voice acting + Christopher Lloyd was mind blowing at the time! I rate it very highly. Shame it's an absolute arsehole to get running on modern computers, even with dosbox.

It's also got Dan Castellaneta (Homer Simpson) as that purple thing Flux Wildly and Tim Curry as the villain.

My rankings:

1 Grim Fandango

2 Monkey Island 2

3 The Curse of Monkey Island

4 Day of the Tentacle

5 The Secret of Monkey Island

6 Sam & Max Hit the Road

7 Escape from Monkey Island

8 Full Throttle

9 The Dig

I liked all of the above a lot except The Dig, which I found a bit dull. I've only just bought Fate of Atlantis so I don't know how high it'll rank yet.

Ok I read all this monkey island stuff and full throtle. I like monkey island alot but I realy truly have never heard of Full Throtle ( Kinda Embarasing being a HUGE adventure game fan and Lucasarts fan.) and just discovered it. But I never here anything about DOTT! I know that Monkey Island is way more popular than the Maniac Mansion sereis but I think they should give it a little mor respect. Maniac Manison is the mother of all adventure games and It doesnt even have its own forum. And DOTT! I know there are Day of the Tentacle fans out there and every time I make a new thread about DOTT its overlooked like a hobo on the side of the road. I think we need to start talking about it some more. Its next on Telltales List. Just saying...

P.T.: Whenever I read a gaming magazine as a kid or listened to other adventure fans Day of the Tentacle was always at the top of their list. I believe PC Gamer even rated it best adventure game 10 years ago. So to say it doesn’t have respect is ludicrous. Even now DOTT is still talked about by LucasArts or TellTale in the media. I know I've said this before but Loom & Zak McKracken are rarely talked about and IMO are great games. When was the last time LucasArts, TellTale or any other gaming media recognized or acknowledged either of these? (Not counting Loom's appearance on Steam of course)

As to which is my favourite game? I don't want to pick just one. I love them all and for different reasons. I think LucasArts was the only company at the time where I enjoyed every one of their adventure games.

Oh and P.T. I know this is not relevant and off-topic but I was just wondering how old are you?

Archived