Home

KotOR Comics

Gurges-Ahter

I've been reading the KoTOR and Legacy series. For me the KoTOR series started out great - it had awesome art (Ching and Weaver), an interesting story and characters. When they started the Adasca arc and begun changing artists like socks the series started to become less and less interesting. It got back on track in regards to the story, but the art is still mostly an unpleasant element from issue to issue.

Legacy on the other hand started out very crappy for me. I felt like I was reading "Conan visits Star Wars", however the consistent (and awesome) art kept me reading and I haven't regretted it. The story has become far more interesting than I thought it could and I'm really enjoying it.

I've also decided to take a look at the new Invasion series. It's still too early to have an impression on that one, but it could be interesting.

P.S. I think I solved the mystery of Nihilus and his dreadlocks: ( :D )

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
%5Bsmall%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Bleach_Istaria%280.38%29__THISRES__145559.jpg

I've taken a Picture of my 1994 TPB collecting the first run of TOTJ comics, It seems I was mistaken on the title pertaining to the Comic itself... But it could in fact be the first instance of the Phrase, and influence on Bioware when naming KotOR? :)

Well now that's usual...I never seen that before, I mean as far as the KoTOR words being printed on the lower left corner of the cover, mine doesn't have anything like that on it.

Here's an example of another, exactly like the one I have:

picture.php?albumid=434&pictureid=4026

Sorry, I don't have a digital camera or I would show you an actual pic of mine.

Anyway, the print date on the inside of mine said July 1994. So I guess yours might be either an earlier printed version or a later printed version.

Also, I believe your right when saying that the printed KoTOR phrase on those TPB editions was an influcence to Bioware. It does make total sense as to where they got the idea from.

I saw the TOR comics in a little advertising interlude touting the MMO coming up. I wonder...does anyone think these comics will make the printing press?

It would be nice if they did, we can only hope so. But if they do start printing TOR comic books, I hope it's Dark Horse Comics that takes on the task of doing it. But...then again, I wouldn't mine seeing Marvel do the TOR comic books either; I think they got better artists and writers.

^^^You might wanna check out one of my albums: I actually have a bunch of the old marvel SW comics. :)

I've been reading the KoTOR and Legacy series. For me the KoTOR series started out great - it had awesome art (Ching and Weaver), an interesting story and characters. When they started the Adasca arc and begun changing artists like socks the series started to become less and less interesting. It got back on track in regards to the story, but the art is still mostly an unpleasant element from issue to issue.

Hmm--thought it got all weird like with the art. Glad to see it isn't my eyes playing tricks on me.

Well, basically it started out great story wise, but the teases got tiresome. Like they are improvising as they go along. Which is fine, but I think they used up all the good interesting stuff already. I hope not, though.

Legacy on the other hand started out very crappy for me. I felt like I was reading "Conan visits Star Wars", however the consistent (and awesome) art kept me reading and I haven't regretted it. The story has become far more interesting than I thought it could and I'm really enjoying it.

Agreed. Same here. It is only getting more interesting.

I think it is going in just the opposite direction compred to the KOTOR comics: improvising as it goes along, but also throwing more and more goodies as it progresses.

I've also decided to take a look at the new Invasion series. It's still too early to have an impression on that one, but it could be interesting.

Link? :D

P.S. I think I solved the mystery of Nihilus and his dreadlocks: ( :D )

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
%5Bsmall%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Bleach_Istaria%280.38%29__THISRES__145559.jpg

:laughing::lol:

:rofl:

Hmm. I thought Nihilus was rather good with a blade despite his powers--I can see he was a supernatural samurai all along. :dev9::lol:

Hmm--thought it got all weird like with the art. Glad to see it isn't my eyes playing tricks on me.

Well, basically it started out great story wise, but the teases got tiresome. Like they are improvising as they go along. Which is fine, but I think they used up all the good interesting stuff already. I hope not, though.

Exactly. IMO, they finished the Covenant plot much quicker than they should have. I expected that to be the central plot that would span throughout the series, but they obviously decided to take a different direction. I just hope they don't ruin it.

Agreed. Same here. It is only getting more interesting.

I think it is going in just the opposite direction compred to the KOTOR comics: improvising as it goes along, but also throwing more and more goodies as it progresses.

They definitely surprised me when they killed a certain Sith character. I wonder though, if he's truly gone for good. I keep expecting him to suddenly awaken and start "purging" the Sith Order.

Link? :D

Official plot description

Issue 1 Official Preview

Issue 2 Official Preview

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Anyone pick up the new first issue of Knights of the Old Republic: War? It still has Zayne Carrick as the main character and takes place during the Mandalorian Wars where he has been drafted into the military. I picked up the first issue and I didn't feel that strongly about it, especially the artwork, but I will probably still continue reading it for now at least.

I thought John Jackson Miller was done with the KotOR era and was doing the Knight Errant's comics (which I haven't read, to be honest). Looks like he's gone back to it. Looked at the previews and yeah, the artwork isn't the best, but I'll keep an eye out for this one, I loved the KotOR comics.

Archived