Home

Monkey Island 2 *Special Edition* - Artwork

Guy.brush

Haha, this probably doesn't belong here, but maybe some here may get some enjoyment out of my rendition of the Guybrush failspitting sprite:

Elaine and LeChuck coming soon.

That's just put a massive grin on my face. Bring on LeChuck and Elaine.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SyntheticGerbil: Brilliant! I didn't realise you were an artist. I'm assuming it's digital; what program did you use?

Purple: Even though you weren't talking to me, I added spoiler tags to my post anyway (for anyone who doesn't want the jokes to be ruined :p)

Thanks guys for the nice words, I really do appreciate it. I do tend to make everyone old and haggard, though. Hah, oh well.

The technique was just a scanned pencil drawing cleaned up in Photoshop and painted with a wacom tablet.

I made the Elaine sort of how I would stylize here in her MI2 look, not really drawing from CMI or later for inspiration (or really the SMI closeups for the matter). So your mileage may vary on whether it really looks like her or not. Probably doesn't.

She's in a bikini though.

6768_1183229493763_1018980513_565396_320447_n.jpg

LeChuck from Mexico later tonight hopefully!

How come I've never seen your artwork before SynthGerbil? Shame on you for hiding you talents.

Not sure about the costume, seems a bit gratuitous for my tastes, but very impressive nonetheless.

I may fix a few things besides her not looking like Elaine that are bugging me but I'm not going to name them in fear of them becoming readily apparent.

Heh, looks fine to me, but then I'm something of an unwashed artistic heathen. Maybe we can play spot the difference if you upload a new version.

Kinda hard to tell from all the pixelation.

well I saw one that somone remade and its less pixely.\

MI2 Guybrush is the best Guybrush there is, period.

I didnt say hes not the best I acctually agree. I like him and the one from CMI. There my 2 favorite. I am just saying to me he looks like hes in his 30s and that I think he has less charm than the one from TOMI and CMI but I havnt played MI2 yet. I own it but havnt played it so I dont realy know alot about it.

well I saw one that somone remade and its less pixely.

I didnt say hes not the best I acctually agree. I like him and the one from CMI. There my 2 favorite. I am just saying to me he looks like hes in his 30s and that I think he has less charm than the one from TOMI and CMI but I havnt played MI2 yet. I own it but havnt played it so I dont realy know alot about it.

Offtopic: People, in general, please stop double posting, it's really annoying, just edit your posts.

*EDIT: See, like this.

*EDIT: Or this.

*EDIT: Or maybe even this.

Just trying to be subtle...

How come I've never seen your artwork before SynthGerbil? Shame on you for hiding you talents.

Haha thanks. Well I used to have a few fan art pieces up at the old unofficial Sam and Max page before it imploded ranging from nearly a decade old to only a couple of years ago. Thing is after a while I just started submitting ugly stuff I did in MSPaint for the hell of it and I think it may have annoyed Jake a bit.

Not sure about the costume, seems a bit gratuitous for my tastes, but very impressive nonetheless.

Yeah it's a fan service thing I guess since she's choking a chicken and all.

And here's Zombie Pirate LeChuck, back from a vacation in Mexico:

6768_1183229533764_1018980513_565397_6443570_n.jpg

Have a good weekend everybody!

Haha, oh my. He's got Mexican flu!

Strange, I don't see a pig in sight. :p

Pretty awesome though, love the voodoo pins in the samba balls.

Are you gonna make more of these, SyntheticGerbil?

Does anyone else agree that, when they do make a MI2:SE, this is the art style to go?

(Give or take a few samba balls and pirate bikini's. ;))

well I saw one that somone remade and its less pixely.\

:thmbup1: Well done!

Strange, I don't see a pig in sight. :p

Pretty awesome though, love the voodoo pins in the samba balls.

Are you gonna make more of these, SyntheticGerbil?

Thank you! I don't know if I may make more soon as I'm ramping up a lot of porfolio work to get a job at another company in the oncoming months. I think I just wanted to do some Monkey Island 2 stuff, but now that you mention it, maybe I'll try in the future to make some more illustrative stuff of some scenes. Probably won't be anywhere near as good as Paco Vink's and Dan Lee's amazing work, but worth a shot.

I may try to be a bit more faithful to the characters though. :)

Thank you! I don't know if I may make more soon as I'm ramping up a lot of porfolio work to get a job at another company in the oncoming months. I think I just wanted to do some Monkey Island 2 stuff, but now that you mention it, maybe I'll try in the future to make some more illustrative stuff of some scenes. Probably won't be anywhere near as good as Paco Vink's and Dan Lee's amazing work, but worth a shot.

I may try to be a bit more faithful to the characters though. :)

I don't think you have to be more faithful to the characters.

This is your artwork. Just redoing the characters doesn't give it the unique charm it has now.

I like this stuff because they're your take on the game.

I'd like to see more like these.

I doodled a quick (half) LeChuck myself today.

Came out pretty nice I think.

Archived