Home

Monkey Island 2 *Special Edition* - Artwork

Guy.brush

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, so it's time to interview Guy.Brush is it? Okay, here we go... just copy this and insert your replies, Mr. Brush.

• What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?

• Do you feel cold or warm right now?

• If presented with a question, are you likely to A) answer it sincerely or B) answer it with another question and disappear in a puff of smoke?

• You recently showed us the fancy voodoo remake of Monkey Island 2 that you and your crazy German friends have produced. When will this game be released to the public?

• You are a filthy girl.

• What's the last song you listened to?

• You're walking past a house when it catches fire due to the pilot light going out and a small spark being emitted by the faulty refridgerator in said house. You rush into the house because you're cold and you see a woman and her child. Which do you save?

• This interview is over?

Thanks for dropping by to let us interview you, your cheque's in the mail.

Oh, so it's time to interview Guy.Brush is it? Okay, here we go... just copy this and insert your replies, Mr. Brush.

• If presented with a question, are you likely to A) answer it sincerely or B) answer it with another question and disappear in a puff of smoke?

• You recently showed us the fancy voodoo remake of Monkey Island 2 that you and your crazy German friends have produced. When will this game be released to the public?

• You are a filthy girl.

• You're walking past a house when it catches fire due to the pilot light going out and a small spark being emitted by the faulty refridgerator in said house. You rush into the house because you're cold and you see a woman and her child. Which do you save?

• This interview is over?

Thanks for dropping by to let us interview you, your cheque's in the mail.

Damn it, now my own interview just feels so TAME lol.

Are they interviewing every dog and his cat now?!

Ok here we go: ;)

Hmm besides Stratiatella, I really like Hunkofmeat or grog-like flavors

I sense something, something I have not felt since...

What do you think? *vanishes in a puff of logic*

In 2013, right after Emmerich's disaster pr0n movie turns out to be the real Truth

• You are a filthy girl.

Hmmm... Last time I checked under my skirt, there was something dangling there, and it was clean...wait why was I wearing a skirt you ask? well duh, I was lending my pants to Largo cause he got all muddied up.

"It's the end of the world as we know it". Now wait. I think it was "the swamp" from the MI2 soundtrack :)

Easy! The still ice cold bottle of Coke in the fridge of course! I then do the following in order: USE still ice-cold bottle of coke with mouth. Drink whole bottle. Slow down time around me and while in Coke-Time mode, rescue the woman, her child and the pet monkey.

• This interview is over?[/b]

Really? I have so many answers left to tell.

I sense something, something I have not felt since...

rofl :lol:

Easy! The still ice cold bottle of Coke in the fridge of course! I then do the following in order: USE still ice-cold bottle of coke with mouth. Drink whole bottle. Slow down time around me and while in Coke-Time mode, rescue the woman, her child and the pet monkey.

That's the second best answer to that question I've ever seen...

• This interview is over?[/b]

Really? I have so many answers left to tell.

Okay, I've got one more question. You may interpret it as you wish. Just tell me... why?

Just out of curiosity, would the same technique work on SOMI?

I had a go at using the Perfectum plugin on some SOMI backgrounds. This was the plugin that was being used to up-res the ingame MI2 backgrounds earlier on in this thread.

This is what I came up with...

MeleeTown.jpg

SCUMMBARKitchen.jpg

Forest2.jpg

Alley.jpg

Its weird because most people assume that Uber means super. Its like saying "That movie was uber-cool!"

Well, as you might know, "super" is a Latin word meaning "over". E. g. to superpose is the same as to overlay. ;-)

There was a Dr. Uberman in FOA or was it Oberman? Ah don't remember :)

Nope, he was an ancestor of Robert Foster from Beneath a Steel Sky, whose real name was Overman. :-D

Dr.Uberman=Dr.Overman

Robert Overmann the main character of Beneath Steel Sky.

Coincidence?

No, he was his greatgreatgreatgreat....greatgrandfather. And as the same as Robert's father, he was a megalomaniac scientist. I wouldn't call that coincidence, but a voodoo curse upon the family.

I had a go at using the Perfectum plugin on some SOMI backgrounds. This was the plugin that was being used to up-res the ingame MI2 backgrounds earlier on in this thread.

This is what I came up with...

MeleeTown.jpg

SCUMMBARKitchen.jpg

Forest2.jpg

Alley.jpg

Those look great. They could have saved a ton of work on the SE if they had just done this and then had an artist touch up some of the stuff where it's still pixelated and added a few details here and there. It's not as if the SE we got was using great detail, since they were using some pretty messy brush strokes on some parts.

I think those plugins are great but you cant just use it and call it done...... you still have to go in there and touch it up and show it some love....

I am still very jealous of Guy.brush's skills refuse to talk to him for at least another day or so.

I think those plugins are great but you cant just use it and call it done...... you still have to go in there and touch it up and show it some love....

I am still very jealous of Guy.brush's skills refuse to talk to him for at least another day or so.

Yeah especially needs touching up on things like the kitchen where a lot of the lines are lost and the skull on the barrel runs together.

But the alleyway and the town look really great with the filter and may only need some color adjustments to make them less murky as well as someone to touch up and keep the hard edges and corners that buildings need.

Archived