Home

Monkey Island 2 *Special Edition* - Artwork

Guy.brush

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That third one is what I was looking for! The MI2 sprite sheet will help too. There's no pickup animations on the CMI spritesheet . I can live with that. I'll just draw them from scratch.

I wonder if a cartoon "outline" filter on the new MI2SE backgrounds would give it that "CMI" appearance.

You'd need the SE sprites to know exactly what's needed though.

Awesome thread and so inspiring!

I did some Monkey Island 2 fan art recently and thought I would share it with you guys:

MonkeyIsland2Lechuck.jpg

(colors & shape is based very closely to the MI2 sprite)

It's my first time posting here so hopefully I got the tags correctly :p

Cheers,

Timo Vihola

Awesome thread and so inspiring!

I did some Monkey Island 2 fan art recently and thought I would share it with you guys:

<image removed]>

(colors & shape is based very closely to the MI2 sprite)

It's my first time posting here so hopefully I got the tags correctly :p

Cheers,

Timo Vihola

Really nice colour work and lighting on this one! However, I think you are forgetting something; the original sprites were not designed to be viewed with squared pixels but rather rectangular pixels where the height is a factor 1.2 larger than the width. So, in-game LeChuck would rather look like this:

lechuckaspectratio.png

Still, really cool style (the hands are a bit grotesque though :) ) and I would love to see you do some more characters!

Thanks a lot everyone for the comments!

Tomas: So I've got it all wrong :p Though I have to admit I like the fat stubby look :D

You wanted to see another character, here's a very unfinished Guybrush:

MonkeyIsland2GuybrushSketch.png

It would be painful to finish that one because I only have a hazy idea how he should look. Technically the Monkey Island 3 Guybrush was very beautifully drawn but to me the MI2 Guybrush looks more correct. Somehow I've always felt him as a character with high energy level, ready to do anything (...ready, not capable) - sort of like Rhama Sabrier from Galleon (Xbox game) without the superhuman abilities... well, except for that one ability...

Cheers,

Timo

• 2 weeks later...

We, over at the TTG forums have been updating the boxart for MI2:SE...

mi2she.jpg

Hahaha... Thanks Irishmile!

...but seriously, check this out:

@TTG forums

okay, since no one has updated the Cover Art recently, I'm going to upload what I liked most about what we've done to it so far, after having found the source art on the net. ( http://www.joystiq.com/photos/money-island-2-special-edition-lechucks-revenge/#2790024 )

First, the original art:

mi2secover.png

UPDATES:

--Monkey's eyes focused on LeChuck (Spadge)

--LeChuck: improved face and beard (Fealiks)

--Old School Guybrush head, hands and visible torso [Parabolee (touch-ups by Chyron8472)]

NOTE: I have two updated versions, since some people like LeChuck's eyes focused toward the camera, and I like them focused on the doll (Fealiks)....

Eyes on camera:

mi2secoveredited2.png

Eyes on the doll:

mi2secoveredited1.png

...btw, here's Purcell's art again:

lechucksrevengeboxfrontt.jpg

Archived