Home

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!!!?

The Seeker

Uh-huhuhuhuh. Meat. Huhuhuh-huh-huhuh. j/k

Actually that kicks ass. Do you have any old clothes you can stain with all the blood and stuff for Halloween? That would rule.

Yeeeaaaah. I only work with 5 Volts most of the time. :joy:

You mean like this:

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G16217

:xp:

Actually TBH, I aspired at one point to do Electrical Engineering. I'm just not a mathematician, though.

I used to get that all the time when I was in concert lighting. And more zaps and burns than I ever want to think about.

Now it's all blasts of feedback when the singer points their mic right into a raging stage monitor... or when a drummer chooses to lay into a crash cymbal millimeters from your ear just as you are attempting to position a mic.

Sorta know what that's like as I have musicians in my family.

Oh... AND I STILL get the lampies pointing lights right in my eyes from inches away all the time!

I haven't decided which is worse...

Deezam. Sounds all like a day, or week, in highschool stagecraft for me.

Any backstage "groupie issues"? :lol:

How about those old argon lasers--you know, the HUGE car sized nightmares that required 3 phase power; You ever have to mess with one? I've heard stories.

WHO. DOES. NUMBER. 2. WORK. FOR?

Can't help but think of that line...

anyway. I work for the English Dept at my college... and then hopefully a law firm internship in the fall...going abroad in the spring... coming back to work... then law school/Capitol Hill? :D

I also work at a grocery store, in the meat department. I generally do everything from cutting the meat to cleaning up the bloody tables and floors. In other words, all the bitch work. Although, honestly, it's the best job I've had yet.

You. Are. Insane.

Cleaning the Meat Department is like taking a sh*t and then trying to unclog the toilet with your bare hands for two hours. I got paid $20 a night for this. Soaking wet shoes and pants. Hands that were itching due to using damp gloves for 2 hours straight. Dumping raw meat into a oil drum. Collecting beef sawdust. Cleaning out the drain strainer that had raw beef sitting in it for so long that it turned white and smelled like a dead animal.

You should try and get a job doing the dairy department, basically sit in a cooler for 4 hours at a time doing nothing but stacking stuff. Bring your head phones with your favorite songs or podcasts and time flies by so freaking fast.

Right now I'm between jobs (lulz) and I've tightened a grip on my wallet (the last three weeks I've probably spent less than $20). I was a "helper clerk", the one who stocks shelves and works the back room of your favorite grocery store. They're the ones who used to be bagging boys and cart pushers but rose up a level.

Work gave me the cruddiest hours, made me do meat clean, a job for people with less work experience than me (aka, 16 year olds who have worked for 3 months, not 19 year olds who have been there for over three years). Boss hated everyone, including me. The job was dead-end and frustrating, exhausting, and boring all at the same time. I was on my third manger and everyone who worked there (over 100 people) knew me. But I just kinda left...

****, I kind of got it easy then. Although, I only get paid $10.80/hr. :indif: Heh, I find the cleaning to be one of the better parts of the job. Usually because I have time to think by myself since I always close if I work. I do agree it is pretty gross though. Especially because of the smell from the drains. But cleaning is easy ****. Cleaning all the knives and dishes from the demos and cleaning all the blood and **** from the tables and floor. Again the downside is getting wet from it, but I've found out my ways to avoid that for the most part.

The only other places I'd work in the grocery store is either grocery or dairy.

My rule for browsing The Swamp:

If someone . . .

1) Has less than 100 posts

2) Uses an obnoxious amount of smileys (especially obscure, intricate smileys) in every post

3) Sports an excessive number of colors whenever they speak especially multiple colors in one word

Then they are not to be trusted, and will most likely be ignored and/or abused.

If someone falls under two of those categories, then I will not be their friend and might wish death up on their self.

If all three categories apply, then your name must be Windu6, and you will become legendary.

Any backstage "groupie issues"? :lol:

How about those old argon lasers--you know, the HUGE car sized nightmares that required 3 phase power; You ever have to mess with one? I've heard stories.

No,.. on both counts. ;)

Our place is too small for lasers or pyro.

And generally we have mostly jazz acts and indie-rock these days, so the groupies are generally pretty tame, if there are any at all.

I've worked in much bigger venues where both of those things might come up... but I really do prefer it where I am.

My rule for browsing The Swamp:

If someone . . .

1) Has less than 100 posts

2) Uses an obnoxious amount of smileys (especially obscure, intricate smileys) in every post

3) Sports an excessive number of colors whenever they speak especially multiple colors in one word.

Then they are not to be trusted, and will most likely be ignored and/or abused.

If someone falls under two of those categories, then I will not be their friend and might wish death up on their self.

What he said.

I find your lack of faith..........disturbing! :vadar:

I find your overuse of smilies disturbing

On topic, I pour concrete and make objects out of said concrete, including coffin vaults, so I also bury people.

Archived