Home

Telltale's Competition!

Fealiks

Telltale are holding a competition where you could get a line of dialogue into a future chapter of Tales. They say it has to be a line accusing Guybrush of wronging them - so it will probably be spoken by an "extra" amongst people shouting stuff at Guybrush (probably during his "trial" or something).

You can share your entries here, and vote for each others. But remember to only vote if it's really funny, otherwise the unfunny ones will have as much chance of getting in as the hilarious ones. And after all, you don't have to tell people whether you voted or not... Having said that, VOTE FEALIKS!

Here's a link to the contest: http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland/contest

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He used a walkthrough! That's cheating!

A simple, quick joke but somewhat meaningful at the same time. I mean, walkthroughs can spoil games and you can be pretty elitist about them. I thought it would be funny that one guy was accusing Guybrush of this and took it so personally.

The top 5 isn't looking that good at the moment so get to voting!

I like that one :D

Edit: Wait, "He tatooed a parrot on my face while I was grogged !" is in the lead at the minute. This can't win...

I like that one :D

Thanks!

I really think the humor should be a bit more "stand-alone", you know? References are fun, but that's really all they are in the end. It's great if you can write a reference to an older game that's also funny as a stand alone piece of dialogue but all these "He stole my monocle! I'm Wally *wink* *wink*!"-lines are a bit too much. There are plenty of those already posted.

Edit: Wait, "He tatooed a parrot on my face while I was grogged !" is in the lead at the minute. This can't win...

Ugh, that's so bad I reported it as being offensive.

It offends ME, anyway!

I know what I said about references, but that's actually really good!

@Huz: Yeah, I might email Stemmle telling him I'll cut his eyelids off if he let's this one through (because, you know, I'm sure he's in charge of this competition).

Edit: Actually, there are some way worse ones, like "He claimed pirates were better than ninjas"... why would anyone say that in a pirate game?! That, and there are a lot of entries accusing Guybrush of sleeping with peoples wives. How characteristic of him...

Then again, these were probably written by people who've never played Monkey Island before, and at least they aren't in the lead!

I submitted: "He sunk my battleship!"

It was in first place for a while, but then got knocked down a few places :(. Telltale didn't really say how the line would be used, or who would say it, so I tried to come up with something that wasn't too referential to previous games.

Anyway, I like it because I think it's short and simple, but very appropriate! :)

I submitted: "He sunk my battleship!"

It was in first place for a while, but then got knocked down a few places :(. Telltale didn't really say how the line would be used, or who would say it, so I tried to come up with something that wasn't too referential to previous games.

Anyway, I like it because I think it's short and simple, but very appropriate! :)

I haven't voted yet, but I saw yours and actually laughed. :golfclap: Welcome to the forums btw!

Davius, yours is one of the only ones I've voted for! Out of all the ones that's in the lead at the moment, it's the only funny one. I can't believe it's not still number one...

Thanks for voting for it! I think Telltale are going to clean out the entries each week, so if it doesn't win I might try submitting it again next week... though I'm not sure what the rules on that would be, or if it would get the same number of votes a second time!

Archived