Home

Telltale's Competition!

Fealiks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This competition is officially starting to get on my nerves. I hope Telltale has some kind of veto power over these. It would be sad if they were forced to add something really stupid to a Monkey Island game. We should make a massive effort to vote each other or something and try to sneak some truly good lines in... The winning line at the moment is a joke that mentions George Bush. Please, not in my Monkey Island...

This competition is officially starting to get on my nerves. I hope Telltale has some kind of veto power over these. It would be sad if they were forced to add something really stupid to a Monkey Island game. We should make a massive effort to vote each other or something and try to sneak some truly good lines in... The winning line at the moment is a joke that mentions George Bush. Please, not in my Monkey Island...

It says this right underneath where you post your entry: "The more votes you get the better your chances of winning."

So your chances of winning might increase the more votes you get, but it's not a guarantee. I don't think Telltale will put a crappy line in their game just because it got the highest amount of votes. :)

It says this right underneath where you post your entry: "The more votes you get the better your chances of winning."

So your chances of winning might increase the more votes you get, but it's not a guarantee. I don't think Telltale will put a crappy line in their game just because it got the highest amount of votes. :)

That means the rubber tree might still make it!

Great! The wording there really leaves room for interpretation. Didn't even stop to think about it but it's nice to see that Telltale at least seems to be playing it safe. A load off my mind.

Great! The wording there really leaves room for interpretation. Didn't even stop to think about it but it's nice to see that Telltale at least seems to be playing it safe. A load off my mind.

Haha, yeah I would hope they would have a failsafe option to not have a quote about George Bush in a game about pirates.

There's some truly awful entries, but I liked "He stole my identity. The worst part is he gave me his in return!"

I also liked one that said something like "he put toothpaste in my grog... I'm minty fresh, but I'm also angry!" except I can't find it to vote for it anymore.

Also, "He tatooed a parrot on my face while I was grogged !" won the first round? WTF?

"he put toothpaste in my grog... I'm minty fresh, but I'm also angry!"

Now that's a funny one. People at telltale must be watching this competition through the cracks between their fingers right now. By the end of this competition I fully expect the whole website to be replaced by a single line of text: "WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!"

I think maybe the solution to this is that we come up with something simple but funny together, someone submits it, and we all vote for it each week.

I'm a poor writer, but everything you guys come up with here on the forum is a lot better than a lot of what keeps getting voted on in my opinion.

Here we go again, the first quote of the week: I thought he was a classy wench when I saw him from the behind and he ruined my dreams by turning around!

By the way, I noticed how last week there were at least two different people who submitted the quote: "He sunk my battleship!". There's nothing wrong if the original author want's to put his quote back into play but stealing quotes like that is just so very lame. Might be a coincidence too but I doubt it.

I thought I would try again this week: "He sunk my battleship!"

It ended up in fourth place in week one, but it looks like only the entries in first place are being kept as winners. There also doesn't seem to be any rules against submitting the same line again, so since quite a few people liked it I decided to re-submit it!

Anyway, votes are very welcome! :)

By the way, I noticed how last week there were at least two different people who submitted the quote: "He sunk my battleship!". There's nothing wrong if the original author want's to put his quote back into play but stealing quotes like that is just so very lame. Might be a coincidence too but I doubt it.

Yeah, I noticed one of them when I looked at the contest page yesterday. I didn't realise there were two! Someone duplicated it in the first week too, but that was just a coincidence, as they posted on the Telltale forum shortly afterwards saying they'd realised I had already submitted it.

Archived