Home

Having a problem using KSE for KotOR 2 on Vista

I'm having a problem here when using KSE on KotOR 2 on Vista. The problem is, when I use the KSE and I edit let's say, the amount of credits I have or how many of an item or new items(giving myself more items I mean). I click apply and then commit changes(I know how to use KSE for those basic things so don't think that's a reason I got a problem). Now it seems everything worked, but when I start the game nothing has changed. Any help?

It worked fine for KotOR 1 but not 2. I read of changing the 'saves' folder in properties and unchecking read-only, but that doesn't work because whenever I click apply, it changes back to read-only. So is there any type of solution for this and have you guys heard of this problem before?

K1 and K2 do not need to be run as Administrator anyway (with the updated SecuROM .exe for K1). If you ran it normally you would then see the modified save.

Thank you so much :thmbup1:. I just ran K2 normally, not as an admin and the KSE modified saves worked.

To Star Admiral, I did try to run KSE as an admin but it would never run after that for me, but my problem is solved now. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm glad people actually replied to this thread unlike one of Jedi Knight threads I made a few days ago.

The one caveat to this is if you want to back up your save files you will need to copy from Program Files and now C:\Users\(your_name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 (the latter taking priority in conflicts).

The key is consistency. If you've already ran K1 or TSL before as an admin, you'll want to continue running them as admin. If you haven't, then you should run them normally. Otherwise it will mess up Vista's virtualization settings. Since you edited your savegames with KSE running normally, it required running TSL normally to get it to show up properly.

- Star Admiral

Archived