Home

LucasArts to make World Exclusive Announcements™ at Comic-Con

Sabretooth

How about a third installment into the un named SNES horror parody series? (Zombies ate my neighbors, and Ghoul Patrol). Those games were rather addictive for lesser known games. This time include Freddy Kruger and Pinhead ripoffs, dammit!

I've been dying for LA to make another game of that series.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHAT IN GOD'S NAME - THERE'S A SEQUEL TO ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS?!

HOW TH- I- AH- ... AH!

Well, I guess it wasn't popular enough to make it as big as the first.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Looks like their moveset took a page from megaman games. :devsmoke:

Here is all the relevant info if you have not checked it out for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoul_Patrol

Those not in the know "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" is one of the best EVER, little known, SNES games.

Furthermore I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY LF DOES NOT HAVE A SECTION DEDICATED TO THIS SERIES?! WE HAVE WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE HERE WHO ARE PREPARING FOR THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE TO HAVE PASSED THIS UP SO INCONSPICUOUSLY!

:carms:

I'm wondering if one of the announcements is more downloadable content for The Force Unleashed on the Xbox 360 and PS3 formats.

Look here to find out more:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199207

That would be nice since I was a little disappointed with the Jedi Temple add on. It took be less than two hours to complete that content and that's only because it took me forever to get into the Temple...stupid stormtroopers.

I am not expecting anything exciting or new with this LucasArts announcement. It will not doubt be a epic fail all over again. Think about it? LucasArts always tries to hype up their announcements and then when the finally do make a announcement, its a mediocre game or its some lame feature.

A perfect example is when they were hyping up their ''SO FREAKING EXCITING THAT YOU DON"T WANT TO MISS'' announcement and then we eventually learn that its just some of their old games being re-released on Stream or Steam. (Not sure what it was called.)

LucasArts' last "big announcement" was Steam.

I'm hoping for at least one of these:

*TFU 2

*TFU downloadable content, including KOTOR characters

*KOTOR 3

*Next-gen KOTOR editions

TFU additions sound most likely, but we can pretty much rule out any expansion to KotOR until long after TOR is released.

LA's got some amazing talent. They can take pure cow $&!% and make a healthy profit off it somehow. Wish I could do that, I'd be a wealthy man.

Anyhow, TFU dlc. Whoop-dee-doo. How about a TFU steam release? That would be mildly less uninteresting. Mildly...

*TFU 2

If they do make that, then they should get someone who can make a good story with good graphics. AND FOR THE PC TOO.

*TFU downloadable content, including KOTOR characters

ehhhhh... the DLC sounds like the big announcement, but I doubt that they are going to give out KOTOR skins based on the acheivements that threepwood and Shem posted about.

*KOTOR 3

they'd better.

*Next-gen KOTOR editions

With super hi-rez textures, (awesome vector stuff) awesome models (the kind of stuff Holowan has been cranking out, or better), and full animations for everything.

Who would have guessed (seriously): The Force Unleashed Announced for PC

The "Sith Edition" of the game will include an extra level based on Hoth and will also be available for Xbox 360 and PS3 as well as Mac.

This is gonna be another classic example of LucasArts fans never being satisfied. :p People have been begging for this game since it came out to be released on PC, and now that all the hype is gone, it's a pretty underwhelming announcement. Still good to see some PC love though.

Who would have guessed (seriously): The Force Unleashed Announced for PC

Well, damn. Now we can focus all our hate on LA for TOR solely, now. :p

The "Sith Edition" of the game will include an extra level based on Hoth and will also be available for Xbox 360 and PS3 as well as Mac.

k

This is gonna be another classic example of LucasArts fans never being satisfied. :p People have been begging for this game since it came out to be released on PC, and now that all the hype is gone, it's a pretty underwhelming announcement. Still good to see some PC love though.

QFT. Good move LA, but you are almost a year late now. Everyone's moved on.

I might try it out. We PC Gamers better get the high-res graphics and the level on the Imperial Ship (after Vader 'kills' you). And since it is on PC, hopefully there will be some degree of moddabilty.

To give old farts like me our nostalgia fix, and to sadistically torture us at the same time by reminding us once again that Star Wars will never get any better than The Empire Strikes Back.

:indif:

One on hand, I'm satisfied that LucasArts actually heard the proletariat's cries for a PC version of TFU. It's good that they're still willing to support the PC as a respectable and tenured platform for gaming.

Yet, on the other...

It's too late. LucasArts must have an ISP from Hell, seeing as everytime fans pour their hearts out for a new game, it's takes LA years to hear their cries, and to actually do something about it. They also seem to be frequently lost in translation (K3 =/= TOR).

TFU also isn't really that fabulous of a game in the first place. It's fairly average, and if you like playing a simplified version of lightsaber dueling in JKA, with only more Force powers, then you'll probably enjoy TFU. If you're looking for something of higher caliber, then you probably won't find it here. That's all I really have to say without getting into a rant...

It's also still a fairly giant slap to PC gamers, especially when LA gave the good ol' "PCs can't handle TFU physics" excuse, which is actually somewhat true. Higher-end PCs can probably run TFU just as well, or even better, than the PS3 or 360. But most people don't have top-of-the-line systems; my machine is adequate enough for most games, the graphics might not be as good as a console's output, but it still looks fine enough for me.

All in all, this announcement is an odd combination of muted excitement and massive disappointment. I was hoping for some sequel to a fan-loved franchise (Not KotOR, maybe X-Wing, RC or JK), or perhaps a whole new SW property. Yet, for the umpteenth time, LucasArts proves that it's seen much better days.

Yeah, with regards to modability, the most I could see being done honestly is new skins, which are already available via DLC on Xbox Live. Now obviously user created skins could take it farther than this with new look enemies, etc, but I don't think it will be anything like KotOR or JK mods. Never know though.

Archived