Home

Idea About Other Classes . . .

Lord Spitfire

Okay, so we already know the classes we have so far: Jedi, Trooper, and smuggler for republic, and bounty hunter and dark Jedi for Sith. I'll put down what I think the classes should be, and you can comment or put up your own. :)

Republic

1) Jedi - Force User

2) Republic Commando/Trooper - That's the sort of backbone of the Republic side

3) Smuggler - Quick, deadly, fast sniper sort trooper.

4) Republic Infiltration Unit - A balanced soldier who's fast, quick, smart like the smuggler and can hold the line in battle like the Trooper; I was thinking a mix between the two. Just thought this would be a good idea.

Sith

1) Sith - Force User

2) Mandalorian - I thought that this would be a good counterpart to the Trooper as the heavy assault soldier, since the Mandalorians fight for the Sith.

3) Bounty Hunter - Evil smuggler

4) Raider - Mix between Mandalorian soldier and bounty hunter.

I really think that the Bounty hunter is more akin to the Commando (heavy armor, heavy weapons, etc) than to the smuggler. I think we'll see an infiltrator type class on the sith side.

I also think the Mandos will be NPC only, since they are their own separate faction and not a part of the Sith (and can change sides any time they want).

The Infiltrator and Raider are bad ideas since they will be a hybrid class which means if we do get talent trees they will be exactly the same as the other class that tanks or dps's only he won't be nearly as good, they will be able to but it will be sub par, and even if they make it so they can tank and dps as well then they just made another Paladin a big nono.

The Infiltrator and Raider are bad ideas since they will be a hybrid class which means if we do get talent trees they will be exactly the same as the other class that tanks or dps's only he won't be nearly as good, they will be able to but it will be sub par, and even if they make it so they can tank and dps as well then they just made another Paladin a big nono.

I hope we dont get talent trees, I really do.

WoW talnt tress just seemd so stupid, id rather soemthing mroe akin to kotor with feats and unique abbilities. Chosen feats allowing you you to specialize ect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Okay, so we already know the classes we have so far: Jedi, Trooper, and smuggler for republic, and bounty hunter and dark Jedi for Sith. I'll put down what I think the classes should be, and you can comment or put up your own. :)

Republic

1) Jedi - Force User

2) Republic Commando/Trooper - That's the sort of backbone of the Republic side

3) Smuggler - Quick, deadly, fast sniper sort trooper.

4) Republic Infiltration Unit - A balanced soldier who's fast, quick, smart like the smuggler and can hold the line in battle like the Trooper; I was thinking a mix between the two. Just thought this would be a good idea.

Sith

1) Sith - Force User

2) Mandalorian - I thought that this would be a good counterpart to the Trooper as the heavy assault soldier, since the Mandalorians fight for the Sith.

3) Bounty Hunter - Evil smuggler

4) Raider - Mix between Mandalorian soldier and bounty hunter.

I have to agree that Mandalorian should be listed as a race, not a specific side. On the others I am indifferent at the moment. If you read my columns a few years ago I got irritated with Jedi Sniper and Jedi Brute.

I'm liking the imperial agent stuff. The description sounded particularly fun.

It's gonna be interesting. There are gonna be soldiers and Jedi who are all patriotic or whatever and then there are those who are intelligence agents seeing the true inner workings of the sith empire. Forever jaded with the knowledge of backroom jockeying. That kind of variety is joyful.

As for next class...well the D&D system would say that the medic is gonna be our next class. For me though I'm kinda hoping that it'll be a droid class. I have no idea how they'd handle the mechanic of it all and the social system etc. But the heroic droid is one of the big pieces all throughout SW. It could work. It's radically different from the other classes which is pretty much where Bioware is going with each of these classes.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived