Home

Monkey Island SE Hack Ideas

Monkey Mania

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a mod that adds the flashing <ADVERTISEMENT> from Cobb's sales pitch in the Special Edition.

Agree - It should be in SE... but I'm afraid It's too hard to code

Also - a mod what makes Herman's Buddy:

10772457.png

and Skull-Cauldron at Vodoo Lady's home:

skullz.png

closer to original (scarier/cooler) versions

I'm so happy the ScummBar Smile Mod exist =)

• 1 month later...

I've found this nice edit over at deviantART:

Guybrush_SE_edit_by_JinnDemonEvil.gif

I've already contacted the artist and asked him, if he'd be interested in helping out with a sprite replacement, but he wasn't intested cause he didn't feel to be that good a "spriter". However, he said that he'd have no problem with people making a sprite-replacement based on his edit.

That, is really nice.

The hair is really fecking good. I'm not sure I like his nose though. The recolour of the shirt and hands are also a nice touch.

Also - a mod what makes Herman's Buddy:

10772457.png

and Skull-Cauldron at Vodoo Lady's home:

skullz.png

closer to original (scarier/cooler) versions

I'm so happy the ScummBar Smile Mod exist =)

Heh, nice to see people appreciate my smile mod :D

I don't see what's wrong with Herman's buddy though. The cauldron didn't bother me that much, but I guess it's not that similar.

I was planning on restoring the Sam & Max Idol though. But I'm still working on my background fix patch so I think it'll be a while til I make other stuff.

NICE.

Really, I love it. Imo it feels like it'll fit with the other characters in MI:SE and he still looks really true to the original, especially the closeups.

I actually feel like making a real mod out of this now, though I'm not sure I have the time. Perhaps I'll try out some stuff see how doable it is. Of course, there also needs to be a front view, and then there's all the special case animations.

• 2 months later...

I actually think Lechuck in the MI2 is the best design of the character... That game is my favorite by far and I hope it gets a lot of love in the art if they remake it... this is old already and I posted it here somewhere but its my take on what some of the characters could look like... painted in photoshop.

Monkey_Island_2_Cast_by_Irishmile.png

• 1 month later...
,....no, MI 3 is the time between MI1 and MI2 ... everybody knows that. MI1 - 16yrs old, MI2 - 25yrs old, MI3 - 20 yrs old, MI4 - 18yrs old...

No? MI3 is set after MI2, after Guybrush escapes from the Carnival of the Damned. And MI4 certainly takes place after MI3: you can see flashbacks in the opening scene, and Guybrush is married to Elaine ;)

And as to the hacks, I would really like to see a "The Monkeys are Listening Edition" :thmbup1: That would be nice!^^

MI4 takes place after their honeymoon, so Guybrush would be either 20 or 21 in the game.

LordTrilobite, he gets a grog from the micro-groggery without incident. So he's either 21, or the employee at the micro-groggery just didn't care to card him.

Wow, now that you think of it, Guybrush spent an entire year at LeChuck's carnival.

Or at least enough time to celebrate a birthday. :)

For example: He could have been 19 on July 20th in Monkey Island 2, and his birthday could have happened on July 21, then he'd technically be 20 in Curse of Monkey Island, even if the two games were just days apart.

Archived