Home

The user interface

GonkH8er

gp1.jpg

As shown in the latest developer blog, along with new gameplay footage

Looks good to me :) Nice and simple.

Only 12 hotkey slots though. Wonder if these can be moved, or another row added (heck, i wonder if a 2nd row would be NEEDED. Maybe we wont have that many attack options)

Discuss?

Only 12 hotkey slots though. Wonder if these can be moved, or another row added (heck, i wonder if a 2nd row would be NEEDED. Maybe we wont have that many attack options)

Discuss?

Honestly, if it's like KOTOR, we probably won't. If it's like WoW, I'm sure we will. I'm actually more curious if like TFU in that we can macro a few moves together to make a couple really cool movies instead of a WoW-like 1,2,3,4, repeat button pushing.

Yep, looks simple and design is good, not too big. Not too worried about the slots, though. In Guild Wars, you had 8, so I'm used to that. I also think it lends itself better to tactical approaches, so you think about what powers you "take with you" and how well they'll work against enemies, than just unleashing everything you have.

Yep, looks simple and design is good, not too big. Not too worried about the slots, though. In Guild Wars, you had 8, so I'm used to that. I also think it lends itself better to tactical approaches, so you think about what powers you "take with you" and how well they'll work against enemies, than just unleashing everything you have.

Yes, but guild wars had a level cap of 20, so after a short amount of time you had access to every skill available :)

Yes, but guild wars had a level cap of 20, so after a short amount of time you had access to every skill available :)
Once you hit 20, you still had lots of skills to unlock, some more easy to acquire than others, and in my opinion, certainly not in a short amount of time.

I like the interface but am somewhat crushed that it has no resembelance to TSL or Kotor.

Another thing is that instead of having a circle under the enemy there should be a health bar above him.I think the circle makes it look like a strategy game but whatever

I like the interface but am somewhat crushed that it has no resembelance to TSL or Kotor.

The KOTOR user interface would be USELESS for an MMO.

It's fine for a stop and start turn based RPG where you can pause the game and queue up skills, but you dont want to be scrolling through skills mid fight in an MMO. You need to be able to hit a single button and know that that skill will start immediately.

You need a hotbar on the screen.

Archived