Home

Tales of Monkey Island: Speculation of future chapters [SOILERS!]

Fealiks

This thread probably contains more spoilers than the streets of south London. If you haven't played/completed the current chapter yet then, well, you may as well read this anyway, you big girl.

Please use spoiler tags where necessary. To do so, highlight the text that you think might be considered a spoiler and click the button to the left of the YouTube button at the top of the post field. To read text that has been hidden, soak it with warm lemon juice for about five minutes.

Let's guess/hope for stuff. First off,

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
who noticed the blatant reference to Deadeye Dave? When trying to enter the shack in the Flotsam jungle, the voice that welcomes you is that of Deadeye Dave (Guybrush even says that he sounds familiar). He wasn't in the first chapter, so I'm thinking he might be in a future one. But why would be be working with the Voodoo Lady anyway?

Hey I have questions. How do you do spoiler tags?

See:

highlight the text that you think might be considered a spoiler and click the button to the left of the YouTube button at the top of the post field.

:)

lol, the thread title says 'soilers'. I nearly soiled myself.

No it doesn't. Move along. >.>

As far as future characters go...

Stan is essentially guaranteed to appear, if not all due in part to D'Oro's description. If so, I hope they get his jacket right...

The person holding Guybrush at sword's bane at the end was definitely Carla, methinks.

I also hope that we find out anything about Wally. Same goes for the MoLMF.

Show spoiler
Personally, I'm guessing it's going to be Kate Capsize, just because that would totally come out of left field. And we know Murray's going to appear. It's probably not going to happen, but I'd like to know what happened to Largo Legrande.

As far as future characters go...

Stan is essentially guaranteed to appear, if not all due in part to D'Oro's description. If so, I hope they get his jacket right...

The person holding Guybrush at sword's bane at the end was definitely Carla, methinks.

I also hope that we find out anything about Wally. Same goes for the MoLMF.

Show spoiler
I didn't consider Carla. And by the way, what's MoLMF?!

Show spoiler
I kinda doubt that it's Kate. Not many people would recognize/remember her (she wasn't even in MI2's easy mode), so the reference would be lost for the most part, and I don't see why she'd be after Guybrush anyway. Then again, I can't think of anyone else it could be apart from an original character (which is quite likely, would wouldn't really satisfy the cliff hanger). It could be the American version of Elaine... or even Sophia Hapgood :p

Show spoiler
He did put her in jail and steal her near-grog.

Well, in my case...

Show spoiler
...he had to let her go, because he still needed her for a voyage to the Sea Monkey.

Show spoiler
Carla doesn't seem as likely, I forgot what you did to her in EMI, but in the beginning of EMI she was rather forgiving.

Also, maybe the "Lite Grog" on Elaine's ship is a reference to Kate.

Show spoiler
...he had to let her go, because he still needed her for a voyage to the Sea Monkey.

Show spoiler
Yes, but she didn't know he put him in jail to begin with, suppose she found out.

• 3 months later...

I think episode 4 is the best one till now, I really liked the fact that in this chapter things were actually happening storywise.

Show spoiler
I mean, this is the first Monkey Island game with dramatic scenes like Morgan's death and Guybrush's death, I really like the fact that there are some scenes like that in a MI game.

And btw, what do you guys think of Guybrush's death?

I think he will somehow return with perhaps some voodoomojomagicpancakestuff.

Archived