Home

SMISE: Cursed Edition - sprite replacement project

Monkey Mania

I'm not sure that's likely... The Scumm Bar background is part of the dock background, isn't it? Unless you make a separate room for just this screen with new walk paths, an image for the open door, etc. And you would need Bill Tiller's permission anyway (No use or reproduction without written permission).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks awesome! I hope you manage to finish this project. I'm just not sure if I like those...rubber band thingys in his beard, though... Why did you add them? Just curious :) Is it your original vision of the Ghost Pirate LeChuck? Other motivations? I think the ghost beard would have a problem reprising its role as alive and wriggling in MI2 if it's tied up like that :p

Looks awesome! I hope you manage to finish this project. I'm just not sure if I like those...rubber band thingys in his beard, though... Why did you add them? Just curious :) Is it your original vision of the Ghost Pirate LeChuck? Other motivations? I think the ghost beard would have a problem reprising its role as alive and wriggling in MI2 if it's tied up like that :p

LucasArts thinks so...

lechuck.png

besides, Lechuck has a huge beard, it would cover up his ghost rib cage if left alone.

LucasArts thinks so...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
lechuck.png

besides, Lechuck has a huge beard, it would cover up his ghost rib cage if left alone.

Hm, k, I didn't notice how it was tied up in the in-game sprites of the SE. Haven't completed it, so had to search up a youtube video of the end to see the closeup. And yup, it's tied up even there.

It looks like it's tied up in the original as well, I just never noticed it:

http://members.shaw.ca/victorwhho/Monkey%201.JPG

Then the close up in the original game is actually wrong. Oh well. Keep up the good work, I won't disturb you anymore (for now ;))

Edit: It may be that it's like dreads or something in the original, though, as it looks pretty unkempt. Anyway, it's weird that Symbiote Studios' statue based on the SE has LeChuck with a normal beard. But that's their choice I guess. After all it fits better with almost all of LeChuck's designs.

Edit2: Just watched a gameplay clip from the orginal SMI. It doesn't look like it has any rips in it after all, it just did in the screenshot I found :p If you want to base your sprites on the SMI:SE-sprites, that's your choice. I would've preferred it to be based on the original sprites, but do as you like :)

Archived