Home

Talking version of the classic Monkey Island 1

Losun

It would be a dream if the speech could somehow be added to the regular dos version instead of the classic version inside the sepcial edition, seeing as how buggy the version inside the SE is.

Still this probably can't be done without an incredible amount of work I realise.

Having the SE voices play during the classic mode of the SE will just be a matter of time and dedication. it will get done.

Having the SE voices as a seperate voice pack for SCUMMVM compatible versions might be a little more work. Talented SCUMM modders would have to look at the DOTT, FOA talkie versions and build something like that.

It would be a dream if the speech could somehow be added to the regular dos version instead of the classic version inside the sepcial edition, seeing as how buggy the version inside the SE is.

Still this probably can't be done without an incredible amount of work I realise.

Actually, yeah I would prefer that! Good thinking! It may not even be that much work, but what do I know?

To be honest I was not all that impressed with the voice acting from a lot of the videos and samples on the MISP website.... Not saying I could do better because I couldn't.

I checked this out recently and I wasn't very impressed by the voices either, way over the top and forced. Kinda the same mistake Lucasarts did with their version, trying too hard to make the voices silly when they didn't need to be. Guybrush was pretty good though and the guys behind this should be commended for all the effort.

Archived