Home

Apology

True_Avery

Over the past few months I've been very snappy with people, and have trolled a few of you.

For that, I apologize. Especially to those within the last 2 or so months.

I've fallen back into depression lately, and its been particularly bad as of late. I started to notice that I now only drop by this forum to get angry at other people, or to get angry at myself. Over the past 2-3 weeks my depression has spiraled to the edge of my control, so I'm leaving the forum for awhile as to make sure I don't get myself, or anyone else, in trouble.

Again, apologies for my behavior.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say I've noticed. I was under the impression that it was me... well it was, but that's beside the point.

Really though, you don't have to get away from LF if you just don't concern yourself with the subjects that are bothering you. That may just be too simplistic and arrogant of me, but just don't make this the place where you vent stress and it'll be alright. Until then...

Being able to share your pain is a big part of working things out. Doing it online is easier than RL, but still helpful. Carry that over to RL, and find someone to talk to - professional is best, but only if you find someone you can a) afford and b) feel comfortable around. Otherwise, a most trusted and close friend/family member works great in a pinch.

Be well, and best wishes on a speedy recovery and return!

Depression is never something to mess around with--it's a real condition just like a heart condition, and it requires professional medical treatment just like other medical conditions. Hope you find a good, caring doctor to help you and that you feel better soon, Avery.

Depression is not a severe problem unless someone lets it get to them. The solution isn't so much medical treatment as it is a change in lifestyle. A person who spends all day watching TV or playing computer games might not become depressed, but it is more likely than those who are physically active. A person who exercises more frequently, does new activities, and frequently goes out of her/his comfort zone is more likely to avoid depression.

I'm not mocking anyone about this, I'm just informing people that we more often encounter disease nowadays for two reasons... one is generated by our lifestyle, diet, or a doctor inventing diseases. Diet isn't as important as physical activity, but those who are more physically active are going to be more mentally alert. That may sound like an overly simple solution, but depression is more often the result of people being less physically active.

It's good to choose to get away from an online site and to do something else to change the routine of life.

@ Darth_Yuthura: It's a little difficult for some people to control their brain chemistry to avoid depression... even with "positive" activity. Also, a lot of diseases are encountered a lot more because we've only just recently made ourselves aware of many conditions... but I guess that's what you mean by "Doctor's inventing diseases"... which is a really bad way of putting it XD

EDIT: ...and there are just some events in a persons life that occur which you just can't control... or at least stop from occuring... unless you had a time machine.

Depression is not a severe problem unless someone lets it get to them.
For YOU it isn't, FOR YOU. We are all different as such different emotions affect each of us differently. ”Don’t judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.”

I've already PMed Avery, but I will wish her luck publically and say I will miss her.

Archived