Home

Blasted Blasters!

Buffjhawk

Hey all- I am new to the forum - glad I found it, lots of helpful/interesting stuff here!

I have recently reinstalled X-Wing Alliance and had to get an old computer out to do it but am enjoying the heck out of it so far. I have updated to v 2.02, have the most recent drivers for my video card.

I have downloaded and installed some of the new .opt files from the X-Wing Alliance Update folks and since then, I have had a recurring problem.

I first noticed the problem when playing the first Y-wing mission (3 stages - you have to destroy the tibanna gas containers, destroy the docked ship and then destroy 25% of the Imperial convoy).

I can use the blasters for a short time only then they turn off - I get about 30 blasts or so, I don't think it is time-limited. I don't change my energy usage settings at all and they don't get turned on when I reload with proton torpedoes. I think the issue also came up when playing one of the TIE multiplayer stages.

Sorry for the long post - any ideas you can give would be great! Thanks!

FYI, the possible settings are normal (maintenance) rate (often noted as 50% in mission guides), recharge at increased rate (75%), recharge at maximum rate (100%), redirected to engines at maximum rate (0%), and redirected to engines at minimum rate (25%). Shields (F10 key) and beam weapons (F8 key) have the same possible settings.

Archived