Home

How Will This Game Work?

Shem

I don't see how a monthly fee's a problem since the adverage game nowadays is $50 and your paying what $15 a month? your saving money for a game you'll play for more then a week.

An adverage playthrough of kotor was what mybe a week? maybe less if you had item mods. Well the adverage MMO you can play for one character for months (if you like that class) even if you play a class that your not to found about you will still play it for maybe a few weeks.

Your probably saving money not buying a whole new game every month.

I'm going to pay the monthly fee, so this isn't really my argument, but your point only holds water for avid gamers. KotOR for me took WAY more than a week. It took like 6 months. With 2 kids, a full-time job, and full-time masters program, I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to video games. TOR will charge you $15/month even if you play ZERO that month, which is very likely for someone like me.

Compare this to a normal non-MMO game where you just pay the $50 once, and it lasts at least 6-months for non-avid gamers. I don't buy a new game every month; I buy one like every couple of years.

15 bucks a month? thats cheap by any standard for good entertainment. just avoid eating out one time a month combined with not going to a expensive movie. or just dont buy a hooker 1 month depending on where you live/quality- could pay for a sub for 1 month or up to 5

What having a character make his own small difference in the war not a good enough story for you? what if you were a big epic hero everyone knew about that 1 manned a wohle space station and killed a dark lord that epic enough?

I guess I can't fully answer this question.

#1 - I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Your example sounds interesting but seems like it would be a small part of a larger story - like 1 scene in a movie. How all of those scenes tie together is what makes the story good.

#2 - I'm new to MMO's, so I don't fully understand how story-line works with them (only from what I've read about TOR). I know that BioWare has made a concerted effort to focus on story (making it a pillar for this MMO where it hadn't been considered before), but I also know that it wouldn't have to focus on story so much if the game were just an RPG because story is inherently a "pillar" in RPGs.

Well MMO's so far have been... well no story other then people wanting to kill one another really...

Biowares making it so each class will have its own story like... Bounty hunter will start out just doing infantry like work but at the end of his story he will have to use all his skills to assassinate a Republic admiral to make his fortune giving him the money he wants and giving the Empire a advantage.

Your own epic story that doesn't make your character a huge god but still makes it so you feel like you did something important for the war cause.

I agree with SHEM on this subject, and particularly one thing. I don't like the idea of giving them more money monthly, after I've just paid for the damn game itself in the store. Feel like I'm being sucked out of my hard earn dollars, I just don't see any sense in it. I would rather pay for it one time in the store or online, whatever, and play a SP version of it for awhile and after that...mod the hell out of it. :D

I wish they'd manage to put a SP version along with the MMO somehow, but I no I'm just dreaming as for a TOR SP version like Kotor or TSL. But if they did do it, it would probably make everyone happy; concerning either way you would like to play the game.

The biggest problem many have is that KotOR 3 would have been $0/month, with probably a better story since there's no MMO complications.

never had to oppurtunity to play either kotor went to the store and wanted to purchase it they told me its out only for reg xbox im like what?! hear good things though

never had to oppurtunity to play either kotor went to the store and wanted to purchase it they told me its out only for reg xbox im like what?! hear good things though
It's for the PC too; whoever told you that was grossly incompetent. Deduced from your post, it was probably a GameStop lackey. :p

well he was from gamestop he told me it would run for 360 but they didnt carry any legacy xbox

It does work, but it also does tend to hang up from time to time. It resolves itself without having to restart or lose any progress, but it can be annoying. It works better on the legacy console for sure.

It does work, but it also does tend to hang up from time to time. It resolves itself without having to restart or lose any progress, but it can be annoying. It works better on the legacy console for sure.

going to try to find it on pc

going to try to find it on pc

Definitely a wise choice. The PC version is much better. There's less waiting for load times, and the controls are much more user-friendly than the console's controller. Plus there's all the mod's you can utilize, which gives you more options. I would do a first playthrough without mods though, if you can afford the time to have more than one playthrough.

Archived