Home

Firefox or Safari?

Trench

Hi, I recently installed the Safari web browser on my comp, and it looks pretty cool so far. But is it good enough to switch from Mozilla Firefox?

I'm okay with people giving their personal opinions, but please give me facts as well.

I'd like to know about bugs, holes, stats, memory, all that good stuff.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Firefox. The new Safari is shnazzy and all, but I can't say goodbye to all my addons from Firefox. Security and all is generally bull, and only matters if you like adventuring foolishly in the UNDERWEBS, and that too without a firewall or antivirus, which I'm sure a dapper young man such as yourself must already possess.

Look, ultimately this isn't a big deal, they're all just browsers, and people have their opinions. Give them both a try, use them on alternate days or something. I think you'll find that neither browser is infinitely greater, it's just a matter of what you want to do and which browser will get the job done.

And the answer is of course, Firefox.

I prefer Chrome (Or, rather, Chromium) to either, but if I had to chose between the two I'd say Firefox before Safari. For two reasons: 1)Safari is an Apple product, and every Apple app thta's been ported to a PC and I've used have not played well with others in terms of Memory. So, if you're on a Memory-poor comp, don't run Safari and another program. And 2) Firefox is infinately changeable, it has literally THOUSANDS if not Millions of addons that you can use.

So, my order of things:

Chromium > Chrome > Firefox > IE > Safari

Firefox. The new Safari is shnazzy and all, but I can't say goodbye to all my addons from Firefox. Security and all is generally bull, and only matters if you like adventuring foolishly in the UNDERWEBS, and that too without a firewall or antivirus, which I'm sure a dapper young man such as yourself must already possess.

^ he said it wonderfully.

personally, i use chrome for no other reason than that i wanted my own browser that i can customize for me. (no one else in house uses chrome). out of the two options, i choose firefox because of all the addons. (it took some time for me to switch to chrome for this very reason.) chrome just runs faster on my computer.

i absolutely HATE IE, because it is INSANELY stupid. it always gets stuck on my computer, takes ages to load, and doesnt close when i click close, but sits there for hours on a blank page in all its nonresponsive stupidity. :firemad:

you'd think itd work, coz im on vista for goodness sake!

im really surprised that the market for browsers is still dominated by IE. its probably all those poor illiterate sods that use it just because it came with their computer. :xp:

600px-Web_browser_usage_share.svg.png

i dont use safari because, like itunes, it is slow. (itunes goes beyond even IE, but thats another matter)

im really surprised that the market for browsers is still dominated by IE. its probably all those poor illiterate sods that use it just because it came with their computer.

I use IE because I happen to like it. I don't see the draw of Firefox, Safari or Chrome (yes, I have tried them all, and I have Firefox on my computer), but I made the choice to stick with the latest IE, because I find it easy to use, and it runs brilliantly on my computer.

So please, leave your blanket statements and condescension at home. But then again, what do I know? I'm just a poor, illiterate sod.

kavars alert.

i thought the joke was apparent...

youre evidently not a poor (computer) illeterate sod because:

(yes, I have tried them all, and I have Firefox on my computer), but I made the choice to stick with the latest IE, because I find it easy to use, and it runs brilliantly on my computer.

"poor illiterate sod was not condescensive", but a term conveying pity...ah... well, maybe it is. but it is every computer savvy techie's duty to save these poor people from their unknowingness. i personally have introduced firefox to some people who didnt know there was anything else other than IE, and they love it. :o

oh, and i was one of those people a long time ago. and i used to love IE

I have to use IE because the dialup accelerator that I use doesn't support any other browser, but in any situation where the accelerator is irrelevant I switch to Firefox ASAP.

Firefox is so superior to IE that it's not even funny.

I use Firefox on my desktop with a bunch of addons, and Chrome on my netbook. The last time I tried to use IE it killed my computer via about 50 billion trojans/adware/spyware programs. This necessitated a reinstall of Windows to ensure they were all gone, and I haven't touched IE since.

While I agree that most websites don't have those exploits utilized, I have absolutely no interest in what amounts to gambling on the chance that I endure possible reformats and identity theft just to use IE, whether I like it or not.

Archived