Home

Web RPGs: Worth the bandwidth?

Web RPGs There are millions of them. I've never bothered with them, but i have come close to contemplating the possibility of perhaps checking them out. But choosing one out of so many seems to be quite foreboding. So I ask you: Have you played web RPGs? Which ones are good?

I suppose a major one right now would be this Evony thing, which has ads all over the net. Well, the photoshopped princesses/queens/whatevers mustve not worked, cause now theyve done away with the women and just kept the boobs. (Or maybe it worked spectacularly, and now they just want to streamline their advertising) :lol:

I hate to admit it, but the only online RPG that I've ever been even the slightest bit interested in would have to be TOR.

There, I said it, in spite of all of the damned MMO pigeon-holing by LA.

I started with runescape, played for about a month until I relised that it was even more boring than my real job. Then I moved onto guild wars which I got 1 character ascended on but then kinda lost interest and now I play it every once in a while. A year ago I got addicted to WoW, I want that year back, **** WoW. I also played kingdom of loathing, which was really funny for about 1 play through, but it got really old fast after that and loosing all of my money to gambling certainly didnt help either

My first online game was Earth&Beyond which for those that don't know was a space based MMO developed by Westwood Studios that EA ran into the ground after they purchased Westwood. From there I tried Galaxies when it first came out and I couldn't get into it.

After that I played WoW for almost 5 years with a great group of folks and really enjoyed myself. I stopped playing recently because I'd become disinterested with the game which after 5 years is bound to happen. After WoW I tried EVE, and I found it enjoyable to a point, but I couldn't get into the economics of the game and that's really what it's based around.

Now I'm waiting patiently for Jumpgate:Evolution to ship and of course for TOR whenever it comes out.

So, I guess I would say it depends on you really. If you enjoy interacting with people while you play your games up to and beyond the point of working with them to accomplish quests, making in game money etc...then sure its worth it. Even if you're more of a solitary player I would say you can still enjoy the games if you find one you like.

Archived