Home

Custom Commando Project - Redux

Astor

Very nice job Liwar...Ky'ram looks sweet.

I checked the request page on the CCP website and we had this request.

Slicer - green at joints and visor black everywhere else

Anti-Armour Attachment

Green Republic Symbol On Chest.

Pretty simple compared to what I have made recently...but I still made it ;)

Slicer

picture.php?albumid=116&pictureid=4049

If you would like anything added I am more than willing to do that.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you haven't had the chance to check the ccp site requests, here's the new one

Snowdrift

Turquoise at the joints, and white armor everywhere else, Turquoise republic symbol on forehead.

Anti Armor Attachment

This is my brother's request.

BTW K1lingdr3ad you can post your request in this thread if you want. It might get noticed quicker here

Selecting an area of the armor, then pressing Hue/Saturation or pressing Color balance. Or doing other edits.

I know this will sound like a really stupid question, but i'm really new with photoshop, and what tool do you use to select a piece of the armor, and where are the Hue/Saturation, Color Balance buttons?

And i will post requests here now.

I know this will sound like a really stupid question, but i'm really new with photoshop, and what tool do you use to select a piece of the armor, and where are the Hue/Saturation, Color Balance buttons?

And i will post requests here now.

I know I wrote these for GIMP, but they're pretty much the same thing

https://sites.google.com/site/genliwarccp/tutorials

You can use your lasso tools (it looks like a lasso. If you hold down the lasso button, you can choose the polygonal lasso or the magnetic lasso, each has its own pros and cons) to select an area. After you've selected an area, press the Image button at the top, go to Adjustments, then press Hue/Saturation or Color Balance. If you use Hue/Saturation, a good idea is to check the colorize button. If you use color balance, a good idea would be to desaturate your selection/layer (Ctrl+Shift+U is the hotkey) so that it turns into the color you want it to.

EDIT:

Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm not sure I am at the right place, because i can't see any of these options that are in the tutorial. This might help...To get to photo shop I just open one my pics of a custom commando and it brought me to this ImageReady thing. Help?

When you installed photoshop, it might've automatically set a certain image type to open with imageready. I know when I installed photoshop on W7, it made my .png files open with IR. What you do is either right click a .png file, and tell it to open with Photoshop, or you can open Photoshop, press open (or Ctrl+O), and select your image manually.

Two things: 1) when i posted my clone pics they don't show up on the actual thread, how do you get them to show? 2) also there's another way of selecting pieces of armour on the clones in GIMP. it takes more time but is more accurate. if you use the paths tool (under tools-paths) you can select the piece you want by placing points around the edge then selecting Select-from path, then colour it to your liking, then press Select-all and you have the whole picture back

1) when i posted my clone pics they don't show up on the actual thread, how do you get them to show?

I think you may have posted the link to the page not the picture.

Photobucket does have a "Share this Image" Box. Just copy the IMG Code one. I'll do it for you this time

JackalSquad.jpg

@K1lingdr3ad just play around with the sliders until you get the look you want

The Hue/Saturation thing just makes the coloring what I want. What I need to know is how you guys make it look 3d, and realistic, not animated.

That is what we do.

I personally don't like to use Hue/Saturation, I use Color Balance. It gives me a little more control than H/S.

k1lingdr3ad, i think it would be easier for you to use GIMP, it's a lot simpler and it makes it look realistic

Well, if he already has Photoshop, then it might be a good idea to stick with it. And GIMP isn't simple for everybody. Like with everything else computer related out there, you just have to get used to the controls and such.

That is what we do.

Exactly :thmbup1::xp:

Both H/S, and Color balance just color it properly, not shade it so that it looks 3-d and real. ??

You also have to play around with the layer blending options (overlay, linear burn, multiply etc.)

Archived