Home

Felximesh modifiers for GMAX

BryanWee20

Well.. it basically allows you to make parts of you model swing around when it moves...

Giving and overall organic feel to the model.. I know how to do it in theory since i have the book for 3dsMax.. but each time i use the modifier.. it goes berserk in game..

for example i used it for my character's ponytail. when ingame the pony tail moves so fast and in almost every direction, making seem like the character is in a ball of static..

if you know what the cause please help out.

Do they have that modifier in gMax? I see it in 3ds max, and it seems pretty self explanatory, but not in gMax. Is there a plug-in for it? But for the in-game pony tail, do you have multiple hair strands or is it just one plane/box/sphere w/e, I would suggest just keeping it one strand with either a plane or a box. This may keep it from going crazy. Also, please provide an in-game screenshot for just a tad bit more information.

thanks,

-Pete

Well.. it basically allows you to make parts of you model swing around when it moves...

Giving and overall organic feel to the model.. I know how to do it in theory since i have the book for 3dsMax.. but each time i use the modifier.. it goes berserk in game..

for example i used it for my character's ponytail. when ingame the pony tail moves so fast and in almost every direction, making seem like the character is in a ball of static..

if you know what the cause please help out.

If you want a ponytail on your PC, then look at how Dopak's head model is set up. Dopak's ponytail has the AuroraFlex modifier, which is what the game recognizes.

If you want a ponytail on your PC, then look at how Dopak's head model is set up. Dopak's ponytail has the AuroraFlex modifier, which is what the game recognizes.

Oh.. my mistake.. :p

I got mixed up with the names for the modifiers.. hahaha

Thanks Trigger for the info.. I wasn't aware that the head used the same modifiers...

Will look into it.. Its for my imperial pilot helmet.. It has those breathing tubes.. So i didn't want to make them so stiff like the ones from Mandalore model in TSL.

Here's a couple of Screenshots of the model so far..

3709357.jpg

5644782.jpg

4175359.jpg

2376972.jpg

Nah.. I've seen better ones.

My skins are a total bust.. I had to create a new object for each detailed part of the helmet. Cuz I find it to be a total pain in the rear, to actually plan out the model.. So when I try to UVmap the model.. its practically impossible.

The ones on those ebay/model sites where they auction off their own models.. Those are the ones that a really 'godly".. Mines just a simple model.. thats all :)

Nah.. I've seen better ones.

My skins are a total bust.. I had to create a new object for each detailed part of the helmet. Cuz I find it to be a total pain in the rear, to actually plan out the model.. So when I try to UVmap the model.. its practically impossible.

The ones on those ebay/model sites where they auction off their own models.. Those are the ones that a really 'godly".. Mines just a simple model.. thats all :)

First of all, amazing model ! =) But, it doesn't matter how you get the look all that matters is that you get it LOL and it looks great ! What software do you use gMax or 3ds max?

-Pete

Archived