Home

Sam Raimi is directing a Warcraft movie?!

MrWally

Personally, I think that a film from the Alliance point of view isn't that bad. I'm guessing it would follow one of two storylines: Arthas, or the original invasion of Orcs through the Dark Portal.

A story from the perspective of humans about humans would definitely play well to a, well, human audience. And hey, is it possible that if it DOES follow the story from the first two games that we could see some political parallels with America and Terrorism (sorry, I'm a sucker for things like that in my movies. It's probably why I liked Dark Knight so much).

Then, since we all know Raimi likes sequels, if the first one is a hit, then by all means I would hope that his sequel is the story of Thrall.

Anyone got a link to a recap of the general WoW storyline? I've stayed as far away from it as humanly possible but I would like to know what the movie could possibly be about.
The official site has a great section on the history and lore of Warcraft.

I hope it's good, I love the Warcraft universe. I wouldn't mind either faction to be the main focus. Also, I agree with Wally, a CG movie would be amazing. Check out some of Blizzard's past cinematic trailers if you need proof of this.

@BongoBob: That IS the major hope with any film, that it won't be completely ****ed up. Even though I only played the warcraft home games and am not what you'd call die hard fan, I still have my hopes upon it being a good movie; I mean that when you compare it to everything else of similr theme/genre.

It stands an okay chance, but b/c it is based on a game and we know how it usually pans out for this sorta deal, I never get my hopes up about this kinda thing. Low expectations=can't really be disappointed. That's all.

Check out his Imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000600/

Also: Holy Sh*t! 21 movies in development?! That's ridiculous. Sam Raimi must be one busy man.

Thanks Wally. :)

On top of filming a show series no less. Wonder why I ain't heard of him 'till now.

Uwe Boll doesn't want to redeem himself. Have you ever heard him talk about his movies and the movies of other directors? He's a douchebag who is convinced that he's the **** and that everyone else are just amateurs who don't recognize his awesome work.

He's a gawdawful director, yes, but his luring the founder of SA into the ring and legally beating the **** out him was ****ing epic. He's obviously got a brain, even if he can't direct. :D

OT: If it's Raimi, it's got a shot at being watchable. I purposefully skipped Spiderman 3 because I liked the first 2 and didn't want to ruin it.

As far as we know of this movie, it's set 1 year or so before the events of WoW. It'll be told from the Alliance side of the struggle, and Thrall will be in it.

That's all we know so far.

As for wether it will flop or not, considering who is behind the franchise (Blizzard, who's trackrecord speaks for themself) and the vast amount of history for that universe, and Uwe Boll isn't getting anywhere near this thing, which I gather is a very good thing :p , I'd say this movie has a very good chance of succeeding.

There's more, much more, to Warcraft then WoW.

Besides the games that started it all back in 1994 and onwards, there's a range of popular licensed products including novels, action figures, apparel, comic books, board games, and more.

Here's the Blizzard press-release on the subject: http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/090721.html

There's more, much more, to Warcraft then WoW.

Besides the games that started it all back in 1994 and onwards, there's a range of popular licensed products including novels, action figures, apparel, comic books, board games, and more.

Thank you. More people need to understand this.

I have a Warcraft book and a Thrall action figure sitting next to my desk.

>.>

<.<

Archived