Home

Story Question (possible Spoilers)

gmgo

One thing I didn't quite got was the following: when you reach the final year, you are at this big Aztec temple which is supposly the final destination before the Ninth Underworld. However, as the big "judge" says, they can't get in without a Golden train ticket.

So my question is, if the only way in IS WITH a ticket, why giving out other "options" of a cruise, a car or even walking for 4 years to eventually reach a point where you can't get in without the train ticket?

But in year 4 Chepito says "I was born free, Boatnik! Nobody GAVE me no ticket, so nobody can TAKE it away." Then after manny asks why he is pacing around in here chepito says "Trying to unwind a little bit--all those years, circling in one direction... Gotta even out my life in this world before I go on to the next, you know! Well that outta do 'er!" Then chepito goes and walks out into the 9th underworld with no ticket. So i guess the car and cruise ship is just to bring you to the destination but once you get there you can walk through on foot OR if you have a double n ticket for the train you can use that to go straight to the 9th underworld.. so technically you dont need a ticket to get to the 9th underworld i supose.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always thought that the Gatekeeper's ledger told him what travel packages each soul had. Remember in the opening Year Four cutscene he's asking for each person's name, he consults the ledger, and intones "Waiting area two." The ledger says (I'm guessing) that someone has a ticket, that someone has not arrived on the train, and a red flag goes up in the Gatekeeper's head.

Don't forget that only three actual years have passed between the beginning of the game and you reaching the gate for the last time. If you take that into account, it seems reasonable to assume that the tunnel might be so long it takes another year just to walk through it, whereas a golden ticket gets you on the train and thus through it in a minute. :D

• 2 months later...

guess it isn't important...

be it bus, train, car, ship... everyone ends up at the "gate" where he/she must pass through to "heaven"

maybe everyone must use the train?

u can walk through the gate, but u must board the train. after all, they already reach their destination.

i guess the gate is more of a "karma" check, to see who is worthy of passing through.

Archived