Home

Fan Friday, July 24, '09

Hallucination

The folks over at Bioware have posted this week's update, announcing a few additions to their convention schedule among other things.

For those of you who find yourselves in or around Cologne, Germany on August 19-24 or in/around Seattle from September 4-6, you may be want to poke your heads around GamesCon or Penny Arcade Expo, where Bioware has just announced that they

...will be showcasing the first public gameplay demo as well as giving away Star Wars™ goodies to attendees.

For those of you who like to look at drawings of Star Wars characters (especially anime ones), Bioware has decided to highlight the work of a RiaStarchild (I like to pronounce it Starch-ild because I'm a rebel like that o_Q). Check out her thread here, her deviantArt, or her website World of MeRioS.

They have also announced a new poll to find their users' opinions on what ramifications the Japanese occupation of China during the Second World War had on the feminist movement abroad MMO playing experience, and new avatars for their forums, including two Wookiee ones!

Wow, as if ****ty anime artists on DA weren't being given enough credit. Jazyus, why couldn't they have picked, I dunno, one of the million OTHER artists there who doesn't destory Star Wars a little more with anime. WTF. NERD RAAAAGGGEEEE!!!

Beyond that, nothing interesting.

^^^Yeah, I know. :dozey: There are plenty of things SW is, but anime? Not a main feature, I'm sorry. Her work is much better than others' anime, I'll admit that much. But um, no. SW is not really good for anime or vice versa. The closest thing to SW anime anyone could get away with are things like gundam, robotech, megaman, stuff like that, etc.

Cate Kroft on the other hand, she's not so anime-ish. Too dragon and fairytail for my liking but she definitely does her SW stuff some justice.

^^^Yeah, I know. :dozey: There are plenty of things SW is, but anime? Not a main feature, I'm sorry. Her work is much better than others' anime, I'll admit that much. But um, no. SW is not really good for anime or vice versa. The closest thing to SW anime anyone could get away with are things like gundam, robotech, megaman, stuff like that, etc.

You know, I've got a good idea.

I'm going to shamelessly plug one of my good friends who does Star Wars art. And unofficially announce that this thread is now for showcasing any and all Star Wars artists you think SHOULD have been featured. Not including yourself.

http://josephb222.deviantart.com/

I live near Seattle, I probably will go. But only to rant at Bioware about their garbage-can size lightsabers. I mean really....

Yeah, after seeing gameplay footage it doesn't look like they made the lightsabers any smaller.

The poll results make me want to cry. I can see this game burning in hell for the abundance of MMO junkies controlling the community.

:lol:, my thoughts exactly.

Yeah, after seeing gameplay footage it doesn't look like they made the lightsabers any smaller.

Speaking of gameplay footage, when we gonna see some more? I gotta wait 5-6 weeks for more of what everyone really cares about? Shouldn't they at least be releasing info about another planet or something?

The poll results make me want to cry. I can see this game burning in hell for the abundance of MMO junkies controlling the community.

I'm more concerned that the community thinks that making every other thread a "Don't make this game WoW/SWG/whatever" is a valid contribution when they already have a dozen freshly baked every morning.

I've probably played 5+ MMOs but not for an extensive length of time (mostly trials).

This is true for me as well. WoW, Guild Wars, PSU, random free online ones, a few text-based ones.

Just because people have played a lot of MMO's doesn't mean that they're MMO junkies. There are a lot to try before you find one that fits.

Archived