Home

Jedi Knight editing E-11 blaster rifle sfx and damage

Can someone edit the sounds of the E-11 Blaster Rifle (ST rifle) in Dark Forces 2? It's supposed to sound more like the imperial probe droids weapon. Can this sound be altered in any way? Also, how hard would it be to create a mod that ups the damage on this particular weapon? I'd like for it to be able to kill basic enemies in one shot.

I'm not a programmer, so I'm not fluent in computer codes, but I do know that right off the bat these sfx as well as one hit kills are already catalouged in this game, they just need to be redistributed or transplanted somehow. For instance, the weapon sxf from the probe droid just needs to be transfered to the e-11 rifle (to both the player's as well as any enemy that carries the same weapon.) In the case of the one hit kills, every basic enemy just needs the same level of health as an imperial officer and then it's finished. And the percent of an enemies health is listed in the prima strategy guide.

So if this sort of thing can help any modder or programmer, then at least half of the task is finished.

Archived