Home

Virus?! On MY Lucasforums?!?

That's right, I got a Virus from this site:

I had decided to look at one of the threads, and my browser went white with a fake message claiming my computer was suffering from Malware and Viruses and that it was going to clean them, I clicked No of course, not going to fall for it, but I got the Virus anyway, called 'FakeXPA'.

Why did this happen?

No you didn't.

You have malware on your system that is causing you to think you got it from this site. Try running a virus scan, a scan with AdAware (by Lavasoft) and a scan with Spybot Search and Destroy. They're both free and should help you eliminate much of the problem.

Also, if you click either option on those fake messages it counts as a yes. The only way to get out of them is by clicking the X or by ending the task in task manager.

_EW_

Yup, those things are evil. May I also suggest SuperAntiSpyware. AFAIK, it has the most thorough scanner of any free antispyware software.

And if you want the best free antivirus out there, get Avira.

I feel for ya TR I really do, those freak'in things can drive you ape s***.

Anyway I recommand AVAST. It's free and I've found it to be the most reliable virus remover program that I've ever had over the years. You'll have to give them your E-mail address to register, but I've never gotten any spam from them. But they also have a 30-day trial period in case you don't like it. But I don't think you will be disappointed once you try it.

If you want it click on this: http://www.avast.com Once your at the website go to the far upper right and click on "Free Software" and just download the 4.8 Home Edition.

Also don't forget Microsoft's "Windows Live OneCare" it's another weapon you can use against virus, and it's always free to the public.

Anyway good luck.

It's not a very common ad as far as I know. I'm not sure which ad it is, because Chrome stops me from going to it. That's my take on things, it hasn't happened in at least a month or two, so he might have something completely different.

Archived