Home

My Greatest Wish...

Kado Sunrider

One of my greatest wishes for this game would be to have Guild Space Stations, meaning that once your guild reached a certain size, they could purchase a space station, orbiting one of the planets and use it as a home base , if you will. Quarters could be given to all of the players (in much the same fashion as the apartment that you "own" at the beginning of KOTOR.) and you could have a central meeting ground, etc.

It really wouldn't be all that hard to implement, all the player rooms would be the customizable for each character, and the central rooms would be customizable by ranking members and the leader.

Also, the station doesn't necessarily have to be orbiting a planet, it could be orbiting anything from a nearby sun to a uninhabited planet.

Another interesting idea would be for the station to have a hangar, from which players could return to the galaxy at large for a little more gaming, and come back home, to relax and chill with Guildies.

Anyways, that my thoughts... Opinions?

exactly!

Plus it would relieve the planets of so much clutter. And as for the planet, you could just make a backdrop for out the windows with some non-descript planet and a moon or two, and since that wouldnt be all that hard to make, you could have lots of different "locations" so it doesnt look like they're all in the same system.

it is a good idea, but I do think it might be hard to accomplish given the amount of guilds/clans that are typically part of any MMO. SWG did an okay job with player/guild housing and cities I thought and I wouldn't be opposed to a similar model.

it is a good idea, but I do think it might be hard to accomplish given the amount of guilds/clans that are typically part of any MMO. SWG did an okay job with player/guild housing and cities I thought and I wouldn't be opposed to a similar model.

The advantage to space stations or capital ships as guild halls is that they can be instanced. No need to have a million stations orbiting a planet.

I like this idea. I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now. Planet side player housing, especially like what SWG did, is pretty lame, IMO. But guild owned space stations or capital ships work much better and no urban sprawl.

exactly. If space combat becomes a serious option, you could even have gunnery platforms on your space station for whatever the guild war function is. I can see it now, players bustling around the control room with the station master (guild leader) directing the defense of the station while gunners on the lower levels shoot at incoming craft from opposing guilds.

If you want a star wars experience. THAT is it, screw Jedi and Sith, having all-out space battles are what your looking for.

If you think about it, you could even possibly manage to have enemy boarding parties where the opposing guild attempts to land in your hangar and overrun your defenses.

The possibilities are endless...

You know what, screw TOR, I'm just going to go make my own MMO. :p

EDIT: I thought about capitol ships too, but I realized that moving player housing would be kind of odd. Plus you would have all the noobs who would be like "OMG dude, lets ram our Star Destroyers together and see whose shields are stronger lol!!!1! tits"

Bad idea.

A Space Station would be interesting, BUT

If there is a Space Station I have to share with others, I need a PRIVATE room which keeps me away from all the annoying n00bs. And if the Space Station is under attack, screw the turrets! What we need is a bunch of Starfighters in the Hangar. Everyone would have his/her own Starfighter and he/she could decide to stay or fight:D

exactly!

Plus it would relieve the planets of so much clutter. And as for the planet, you could just make a backdrop for out the windows with some non-descript planet and a moon or two, and since that wouldnt be all that hard to make, you could have lots of different "locations" so it doesnt look like they're all in the same system.

In Star Wars Galaxies, you had large ships you could build / buy which gave you the opportunity to walk around inside it, aswell as put in furniture or terminals, etc ...

When you looked out the windows, you could see what was going on outside. If you parked your ship in the middle of a battle, you could sit in your couch, get some popcorn, and watch the battle.

If Sony can do that, BioWare definatly should be able to do that. ;)

Dac: agreed, I thought that was a given though, you launch your snubfighters from the hangar to protect your gunman from strafing runs by the enemies. Also, I believe I mentioned that the player quarters would be private, much like the apartment you start with at the beginning of Kotor, which is seperated by a load screen from the rest of the apartments.

Jan: Yeah, thats partially where I got the idea from, I played SWG for a few years myself. ;)

exactly. I think THAT would be a much better PVP experience than any ground-based raid.

Dac: agreed, I thought that was a given though, you launch your snubfighters from the hangar to protect your gunman from strafing runs by the enemies. Also, I believe I mentioned that the player quarters would be private, much like the apartment you start with at the beginning of Kotor, which is seperated by a load screen from the rest of the apartments.

Jan: Yeah, thats partially where I got the idea from, I played SWG for a few years myself. ;)

exactly. I think THAT would be a much better PVP experience than any ground-based raid.

I'm not sure if a loading screen is necessary but it must be private:D If I want to let someone in, for a minute or two the loading screen is always a problem.

Archived