Home

Is there a good Anime out there?

Tobias Reiper

Somebody has to have one, I'm quite sick of the boobalicious anime's about girls crushing on emo guys who have terrible character and for some reason don't want to have fun times with the girl, with tons of pointless stupid drama, a la Peach Girl, or even the animes about the demon fox wolf thing from hell with cat ears, a la Inyuasha, and ask you, is there a good anime out there I should watch, or should I just start a petition to change the definition of anime to the previous paragraph?

Hey, Tobias Reiper, you should check out the Studio Ghibli films, they are generally very creative, and are different from your average anime:) A few of their films have romantic subplots, but not like what you've been watching. I've only seen a few or more, but they're really good, so check 'em out:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

More anime bumping from me, but uh... Outlaw Star may be something you'll find awesome?

Also, Patlabor and Gundam anything, Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo, Elfen Lied.

There's plenty of cool things out there, especially when we head into the realm of movies. One I like to recommend to mess with people is Perfect Blue because it's essentially David Lynch + Animation.

• 4 months later...
I said Macross as in SUPER DIMENSION FORTRESS MACROSS

Do you remember, Prime?

I enjoyed the classic Super Dimension Fortress Macross, as well as Macross Frontier.

I also like Bamboo Blade. It's a series about a girls kendo team. The characters seem a bit emo at times, but it does not take itself at all seriously. Not a masterpiece, but lighthearted fun.

Archived