Home

Tron Legacy

coupes.

Am I the only one excited for this movie ? I loved the original Tron when I was young, and while it hasn't aged very well IMHO, it's still a pretty decent flick. But the sequel looks really good so far. The recently released footage looks amazing and Daft Punk will handle the movie's score, so I think it's really promising. Even if it bombs, It should at least be a feast for the eyes and the ears...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

What do you think ?

It's great to see that Disney's doing another, I just hope they don't screw it up. Tron had that perfect balance of CGI and live action, and these days CGI is often utilized ad nauseum. Still, Jeff Bridges is back, so I can't see how it might completely fail.

If they're able to replicate the Tron feel as well as Monolith did with Tron 2.0 (another excellent FPS, definitely something worth checking out).

Oh, and those who don't know about Tron need to immolate themselves in a funeral pyre. :carms:

Now I suppose I probably should, if it's as good as you say.
The movie isn't terribly well-written, but it's strengths are in its visuals and its audio design. Tron was one of the first films to extensively use CGI, and it's still quite a wonder today as it was in '82.

Tron 2.0 is also one of the best examples of a re-imagining of a film franchise. Monolith captured the Tron feel perfectly, both in aesthetics, audio, and gameplay. It's definitely an excellent "Games are art" poster child, at the least.

Love the original Tron, and loved Tron 2.0 (Monolith kick ass). Funny enough, I showed the film to my kids a few months ago, and they said it was crap. I couldn't believe it. Asked them why they didn't like it and they said the effects looked rubbish and they didn't understand the story, so I went into the whole "in my day it was state of the art" speech, and they just shrugged. Funny how things change.

Anyway, really looking forward to this, looks great.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived