Home

The Hottest Topic of All Time

Bimmerman

What is the most epic sandwich ingredient?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most epic sandwich ingredient?

• Bacon
    • Cheese
    • Yoda

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love bacon, but would have to go with cheese as the more versatile sandwich topping, coming in so very many variations, varieties, and flavors. It's also lower fat, which at my advanced 29-ness, I need to watch. In addition, if I were to go vegetarian, bacon would no longer be an option, but cheese would still be an available choice.

What options would vegans choose (besides 'Yoda'--HA!), since vegans would avoid both bacon and cheese?

Your also from Wisconsin so choosing bacon would be like letting california win the dairy battle and we all know very well that happy cows do not come from california

The ultimate grilled cheese sandwich can be found at Beecher's down at Pike Place. They make cheese on-site called Beecher's flagship, a cheddar-style with a smooth, nutty finish. Now, a couple slices of that on whole wheat with spinach, tomato, and a little pesto, grilled to perfection and served with apple juice. Heaven on lunch hour.

^That sounds awesome. :drool1:

Your also from Wisconsin so choosing bacon would be like letting california win the dairy battle and we all know very well that happy cows do not come from california

:lol:

The ultimate gilled cheese sandwich can be found at Beecher's down at Pike Place. They make cheese on-site called Beecher's flagship, a cheddar-style with a smooth, nutty finish. Now, a couple slices of that on whole wheat with spinach, tomato, and a little pesto, grilled to perfection and served with apple juice. Heaven on lunch hour.

That made me drool a little.

The ultimate gilled cheese sandwich can be found at Beecher's down at Pike Place. They make cheese on-site called Beecher's flagship, a cheddar-style with a smooth, nutty finish. Now, a couple slices of that on whole wheat with spinach, tomato, and a little pesto, grilled to perfection and served with apple juice. Heaven on lunch hour.

You made me hungry.

This question is by far the most pressing of our time.

Anyone who thinks this must have a very simple life. I fail to comprehend how such an issue would make so much difference one way or another. If you wanted a friendly debate, try Apple vs. PC. That would far less volatile than what you choose to clog your arteries.

Sandwiches are in need of epic tasty flavor enhancing additions. However, only two, Bacon and Cheese, can enter the ring and duke it out for all-time best-sandwich-ingredient honors.

I'd like to see how you came to this conclusion. Some sources would be nice.

I find many more sandwiches have lettuce on them than either of the above. Tomatoes are a bigger hit than bacon, from what I've observed.

Plus, Bacon used to be a real animal, thus confirming man's dominance. Cheese is peaceful coexistence with animals, and allows the terrorists to win.

You could write a book on how you came to such an amazing conclusion. Seriously I'd like to see your string of thoughts on the matter.

Even for something so simple, there's so much bias generated than if you simply asked people's preference. That's all it comes down to. It has nothing to do with symbolism, economics, health concerns, or international hostilities. I would love to see which terrorists are firing their guns into the air after they learned that Americans are eating more cheese than bacon.

Oh and cheese requires dairy cattle... animals kept in captivity. So that defeats your 'bacon theory' if it depends upon humans demonstrating how dominant they are. And I'd love to see how it hurts our economy to consume more cheese and less pork. You could grow 20 times the calories from crops if you feed them to humans than using it for animal feed. You can get five times the calories investing feed to dairy cows than pigs.

I guess that the topic did as you intended, because I know I laughed when I saw it.

I find many more sandwiches have lettuce on them than either of the above. Tomatoes are a bigger hit than bacon, from what I've observed.

It seems that the combination of all three of the ingredients you've mentioned (thereby creating the Holy BLT) is far more popular than either of them on their own.

It seems that the combination of all three of the ingredients you've mentioned (thereby creating the Holy BLT) is far more popular than either of them on their own.

Congratulations Astor, you officially sound like a typical American.:p

Anyone ever tried bacon on a grilled cheese? Using pepper-jack cheese? Both win.:D

Alright, a very not-so-serious post:

Bacon: very limited selection (pork bacon, Canadian bacon, turkey bacon, (I don't know the other animals you can get bacon from))

Cheese: Very diverse selection (Mozzerella, chedar, swiss, colby, brick, monterey jack, red lester, tilzet, caphileo, stilton, white stilton...)

Greater variety tends to expand the number of options you get for a sandwich. You don't like bacon, your options are limited.

Archived