Home

Guess it had to die sometime

BlackDove

7 viewing? Please tell me it gets better.

I still recognize some of the old names... but they are few and far between.

It's also very depressing people with my registration date are all admins and mods. You all sold out to The Man. :p

How's everyone doing? Those of you who are still around anyway.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good I browse a bit when I get a chance but usually I'm either working, discing, training, or partying.

I agree though, it seems the swamp is just kind of limping along, while only a few threads manage to stay alive, what happened while I was gone?

Well, I can see that Jedi Outcast and Academy are by now some very old pre-historic games, so it's not like I'm all that surprised at the inactivity. We are some pretty hardcore folk to have been around here.

I actually came back to have a peek, because I may be playing The Old Republic, so I wanted to see how the backend was handled on the LA side of it. My next step was to obviously check on this place next though.

That's sort of what I've been waiting for, since you were one of the seven I've seen lurk (you're as stale as the goddamn swamp).

But the ******** is slow, slow, SLOW going compared to how it used to be.

Sure is a swamp in here.

I know I haven't been around as long as most people, but I still remember it being much more active back when I joined. I've talked with Bongo and IG about this. The Swamp needs a revolution!

The thing is--people are around. When a new thread pops up it can easily fill up pretty fast, but it seems like people are much less willing to start new topics and post in general.

LF as a whole seems to have decayed dramatically. TOR didn't help either, as it essentially created a schism in the already dying KotOR community. At least Mojo has seen a recent surge in positive activity, though I question how that will truly last. Overall, I guess it really is the lack of titles of sustainable quality coming from LA that have made this place derelict, IMO.

LF as a whole seems to have decayed dramatically. TOR didn't help either, as it essentially created a schism in the already dying KotOR community. At least Mojo has seen a recent surge in positive activity, though I question how that will truly last. Overall, I guess it really is the lack of titles of sustainable quality coming from LA that have made this place derelict, IMO.

The modding communities have dropped off, too, though, which has accelerated the decline.

Black Dove. Your name sounds familiar, but I think you used to go as another name. I just escapes me right now. Yeah, some of us old farts are still stinking up the place....

I think he had a Dragonball (Z?) avatar, if its the person I'm thinking

I used to be Superman (Kal-El). BlackDove was my original nick though, I just changed into Superman for the purposes of JO, and then switched back (wanted to be ANNANYMASU so there's no cross play from old games to JO, which was a new game at the time).

And no, I was never Taco. You were literally a kid back then tho Tyrion. How old are you today? Should be grown up, it's been a while.

Generally, yeah, it's pretty dead. When I first joined, even then (during decline) it was bustling compared to now.

I've been more often in the KOTOR area though I lurked around here for awhile. One day getting sick of the senate, I visited the swamp. These folks have a great sense of humor.

I now play around in the forum games area with some other regulars, mostly. There are only a few areas in this forum that are 'alive', and those are feeling it too.

Everything is probably stagnant relative to the declining VG industry right now. However there is always a topic or two popping up of either ironic truth, munchies, or something irksome.

As of late, the comics and stuff just fell short of expectations. I do expect a small influx w/ SW:TOR. Maybe project 1 year of stragglers to come in to LF.

I used to be Superman (Kal-El). BlackDove was my original nick though, I just changed into Superman for the purposes of JO, and then switched back (wanted to be ANNANYMASU so there's no cross play from old games to JO, which was a new game at the time).

And no, I was never Taco. You were literally a kid back then tho Tyrion. How old are you today? Should be grown up, it's been a while.

YES! I knew it. You had the Dragonball avatar right? I remember you as Kal-El and then vaguely as BlackDove.

And I don't think anything will bring people back to the Swamp because JO has been a dead game for a few years now. The modding community has no interest in something like it when there are bigger and better games out there with stronger mod communities. I'd say 90% of the people who post here have been for a few years, and besides a new person now and then I think its pretty much gonna stay small and intimate (unlike me, who is very large and.... un-intimate...)

The elderly should stay dead!

Seriously, though, I don't usually remember old Swampies when they return. I've only recently (within the past 3 years) started lurking in the Swamp, and I rarely post. I was always a Monkey Island kid first and foremost, though that section of the forum is dead still, even with Tales of Monkey Island out. Arrr, be a sad day for pirates and a good day for old Swampies.

Archived