Home

Guess it had to die sometime

BlackDove

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm....

I disagree. I believe LFN has more active in 2009 than it has been since 2005(ish). Lucascast, Lucasnews, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Monkey Island: Special Edition, and lots of other Lucasarts things have happened in the last 12 months.

Hmm....

I disagree. I believe LFN has more active in 2009 than it has been since 2005(ish). Lucascast, Lucasnews, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Monkey Island: Special Edition, and lots of other Lucasarts things have happened in the last 12 months.

Yes, and always the same dozen or so people being involved in each thing. More happening, but definitely not as many members.

Pretty sure it's got something to do with the fact that Lucas Arts doesn't really do anything anymore but trade its licenses for money.

I think the Bioware forums TOR wise are somewhat more active, and rightfully so.

Meanwhile Raven treated us like garbage with their instant abandonment upon release, and went to work on SOF2: Dismemberan Shootan or whatever the hell they were doing back then, so it made sense to congregate here.

I'd reckon TOR should bring some new members though down the line when actual playing starts taking place. But not that much, since those systems exist in-game.

Seven years ago we had to come here to connect with one another, because the actual games were just server checkers, instant play and no online interfacing. Today, it's all in the games themselves.

(also yeah, I had the dragonball avatar, it was such a good bait for people to throw down an insult, which would in turn give me carte blanche to troll them into oblivion)

Yes, and always the same dozen or so people being involved in each thing. More happening, but definitely not as many members.
This, for utmost emphasis. This is why sites like LucasCast and LucasNews are either quite uninteresting or totally unnecessary. I feel that there needs to be many more "newer" members involved with the community, rather than always the same admins from yesteryear doing all community-based content.

More to the point; LFN is stale, and needs a breath of fresh air, both in content and membership.

This, for utmost emphasis. This is why sites like LucasCast and LucasNews are either quite uninteresting or totally unnecessary. I feel that there needs to be many more "newer" members involved with the community, rather than always the same admins from yesteryear doing all community-based content.

More to the point; LFN is stale, and needs a breath of fresh air, both in content and membership.

Let's face it, we can reminisce and have our circle jerk but that isn't going to bring new people. We'd need to spend our time outside LF promoting the site to do that. Any ideas?

Despite the breakup TOR is having on the kotor community, it's still happening. I think whom ever are going to be our soldiers of LF for our guilds in SWTOR would need to have some elite playing skills and gimmicks to go along with it. An attractive team that gets the attention of others.

Another way I suppose is the UltraSabers forums. They have dedicated fans of the KOTOR series and the Jedi Knight series. If some of us got involved in the saber scene we could help promote LF that way.

Also, if we kind of welcomed other stuff that makes SW references it may make us more attractive that way.

...Maybe. Just tossing in ideas.

Let's face it, we can reminisce and have our circle jerk but that isn't going to bring new people. We'd need to spend our time outside LF promoting the site to do that. Any ideas?

I'm partial to this idea. There are plenty of large communities that LF could benefit from, in terms of member-induced advertisement. Many of us spend time in other communities, we could probably glean a few new members from other sites. I, for example, also spend time on deviantArt, Project Origin Community Forums, Facebook, and Imperial Nerds. I could get some members easily from there.

Well... with few "must have" new games out of LucasArts these days, the forums are bound to atrophy a bit.

But then, I mostly post at RSN and XWA... the Swamp is a regular hotbed of activity in comparison. :rolleyes:

And I remember Black Dove fairly well actually... mostly from a single thread: having to do with someone's avatar with bouncing boobs that was asked to be pulled down, which eventually turned into a meta-discussion on censorship on the forums.

Ahhh... good times!

Nah, I blame DarthAve.

Then why haven't you left LF yet?

WTF did Ave ever do? *helps Bongo*

And it's hard to talk about much around here since the entire entertainment industry has been full of sucktitude lately.

Archived