Home

Guess it had to die sometime

BlackDove

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This, for utmost emphasis. This is why sites like LucasCast and LucasNews are either quite uninteresting or totally unnecessary. I feel that there needs to be many more "newer" members involved with the community, rather than always the same admins from yesteryear doing all community-based content.

More to the point; LFN is stale, and needs a breath of fresh air, both in content and membership.

All the sites on LFN are run by volunteers (or were, in case of the essentially abandoned ones) . If no new people volunteer to do anything, then that breath of fresh air is hard to bring about. Over the past year or so I've not received any PMs/emails from people volunteering to help out with anything, nor any requests from non-staff to have a Lucas-related site hosted on LFN. (Though I guess people may have contacted someone else and it has stayed there. :))

So I don't think it's as much a matter of the the Old Guard wanting to do everything themselves, as it is a matter of so few others being bothered to. So someone has to if anything is to happen. :)

So I don't think it's as much a matter of the Ancients wanting to do everything themselves, as it is a matter of no one else being bothered to, so someone has to if anything is to happen. :)
I always assumed that there was a great deal of grooming and initiation, and that neophyte staff members were only chosen by the staff alone. Either way, I really can't see a "HELP WANTED" page anywhere on any of the forums. ;)

If you want volunteers, then make it privy towards everyone; don't just "wait" for someone to ask. Maybe if some people knew that you needed assistance, then perhaps they would be willing to help.

If you want to get more involved, what's keeping you from it? :)
A generally unfriendly environment, and the fact that the staff seems to be quite comfortable with allowing other members to handle things, while gradually alienating most others. Again, all you have to do is ask, and not simply wait for others. :rolleyes:

I always assumed that there was a great deal of grooming and initiation, and that neophyte staff members were only chosen by the staff alone. Either way, I really can't see a "HELP WANTED" page anywhere on any of the forums. ;)

If you want volunteers, then make it privy towards everyone; don't just "wait" for someone to ask. Maybe if some people knew that you needed assistance, then perhaps they would be willing to help.

I absolutely agree. Someone told me that they accepted applications for staff positions at the Fracture forums - but I never saw an announcement or anything on it.

I like the staff here (although it seems that Pastrami does not) but I have to wonder - Why doesn't somebody know about the help we need?

_EW_

Archived