Home

Two days ago Zam.com posted an interview they had with Bioware writer Hall Hood and producer Jake Neri to discuss what the companies are bringing to the table with TOR, in particular the massive amounts of dialogue, of which Hall Hood claims to have written 23 time that of the Empire Strikes Back personally.

Discuss!

In before commentary on how these interviews seem to offer little in the ways of new info the game.

But holy paper, Batman! 23 ESB's!

23 ESBs; measured in quantity, and not quality, right?

And if that wasn't a cleverly written marketing interview, I'm not sure what else is. Saying "awesome", "exciting", "amazing", "cinematic", and "epic", without elaborating any further, makes the advertisement fairly transparent, IMHO.

We're really focused on high, action-packed, "reminiscent-of-the-movie"-style combat. It's been a goal of BioWare from day one[/Quote]

Come again?

t's not slow; you're a level four or five guy with really, really exciting abilities—the Bounty Hunter flamethrower? I don't even think the character we've shown is level eight yet, and you've got that ability—you're melting faces, you're feeling like a total bad-ass. That's something we're going to try to run with as much as we can.[/Quote]

Who are they trying to hype?12 year old fanboys?

And if that wasn't a cleverly written marketing interview, I'm not sure what else is. Saying "awesome", "exciting", "amazing", "cinematic", and "epic", without elaborating any further, makes the advertisement fairly transparent, IMHO.
It's becoming ridiculous, in my opinion.

And yes, they seem to be aiming at the 12-year olds here. I don't want to know that I can melt faces with my Bounty Hunter at level eight, I want concrete info on the different gameplay aspects. I don't care about being a "bad-ass", I want to play a well designed game, with fun gameplay and a well written story.

Archived