Home

Heads Up Display

shukkoku

In SWBF2 there wasn't much work put into H.U.D. If you look at a game like rep. commando the H.U.D is bright and helpful, displaying enemies, cover, friendlies, objectives, etc. The only thing the BF2 H.U.D really showed was health, stamina and ammo. Not very exciting.

I think that the H.U.D in SWBF3 should actually display information.

What do you guys think?

Hmm I didnt think it was too bad, the only real issue I felt was the ammo in the clip, it can be difficult to tell how many shots are left especially when every gun takes up different amounts of ammo per shot. I think I like the 1.3 patch hud a bit more but its mostly just a rearrangement of everything

but didn't you feel like it was ineffective, the third person view was alright because that wasn't supposed to be from the clones view, but FPS mode didn't display any effort to be canon

Ill be honest, who cares, when I'm playing a game, I would much rather have a HUD that displays everything I need to know in a decent looking manner over how something looked in a movie.

In SWBF2 there wasn't much work put into H.U.D. If you look at a game like rep. commando the H.U.D is bright and helpful, displaying enemies, cover, friendlies, objectives, etc. The only thing the BF2 H.U.D really showed was health, stamina and ammo. Not very exciting.

I think that the H.U.D in SWBF3 should actually display information.

What do you guys think?

Well, SWBF 1 and 2 is mainly 3rd person. I don't think that they did very well with 1st person in SWBF 1 and 2. Anyways, if you are looking through someone's eyes then you are seeing the screen in front of their face. In 3rd person it's like there is a camera attached to a kite which is attached to your person't back with a string. So it makes more sense for there to be little or no HUD in 3rd person than 1st person to me.

Hmm I didnt think it was too bad, the only real issue I felt was the ammo in the clip, it can be difficult to tell how many shots are left especially when every gun takes up different amounts of ammo per shot. I think I like the 1.3 patch hud a bit more but its mostly just a rearrangement of everything

There is an indicator inside of the Reticule that shows how much ammo you have left in your clip.

When Im sniping, I dont want to bother with that. Just give me a number, if anything it probably would have required less work than the whole tick mark thing. Not to mention, on some brighter maps like Hoth, those tick marks become invisible to the snow, which makes them even more useless than they normally are.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as it's not like in BF2. I didn't like the tick ammo counter and I didn't like the huge enemy health bar. RC style might get too messy and resource stealing, and what about rebels who don't have implants?

The first thing is to make 1st person smoother a la Halo, Half Life, COD or most quality FPSs. In depth HUD is useless if I feel like a tank

Archived