Home

Climbing

shukkoku

If you play BF2 on a regular basis, you would see multiple crooks and crannies that you want to reach with a sniper or heavy trooper. Yet jumping to no avail you can only reach it with jet trooper and his measly pistol.

I was thinking that being able to climb on objects in a similar fashion to assassin's creed, nothing of course that grand though.

Simply being able to jump and grab a ledge to pull you up, or climb a poll and sit on a streetlight. Just to make a battle more three dimensional.

what do you guys think?

When you said climbing I was thinking of the vehicles walking up the cliff in clone wars.

That would also be cool.

Maybe climbing and swimming underwater would work with a display meter that goes down while your doing it.

That way some could climb or swim longer based on their kind.

gosh that show is rubbish, I think it should be plain and simple, no chords just climbing, no stamina just climbing. Just that feature would be fine without other add-ons that turn some people off the game.

I love the show.

With the Ascension Cables at least you could make it up some real steep cliffs.

Climbing should have a limit, and if ever we got many factions I think some should be able to climb farther then others.

the show is a collaboration of cgi battles and cheap childish dialog

I agree there should be a limit, but not a time limit. The limit should be about where you can climb, not how long. I can imagine the outrage of looking for a place to step and falling because your stamina ran out. Period

ascension cables is a worthless add-on. If there were a cliff on a map that was supposed to be climbed, the map designers would find a way to scale it. That is one feature which would be used once in campaign and then discarded, or they would ruin everything by throwing cliffs at us left and right to make use of it, no cables

the show is a collaboration of cgi battles and cheap childish dialog

I agree there should be a limit, but not a time limit. The limit should be about where you can climb, not how long. I can imagine the outrage of looking for a place to step and falling because your stamina ran out. Period

ascension cables is a worthless add-on. If there were a cliff on a map that was supposed to be climbed, the map designers would find a way to scale it. That is one feature which would be used once in campaign and then discarded, or they would ruin everything by throwing cliffs at us left and right to make use of it, no cables

No one is going to start throwing cliffs at us, there are to many different classes that would never be able to make it up there.

So are you saying people can climb cliffs like these?

I could understand ascension cables getting us up there but no way can people just climb up there.

And maybe we could use them like the grappling line that Luke used.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/10178-1.jpg

you're not getting what I'm saying, I'm saying there's no need for climbing cliff and pillars.

I'm saying to add versatility to the maps, make them more 3D than just a single playing field not having the developers putting random cliffs and towers in the maps. I'm don't want diversity amongst the classes, just a universal climbing ability.

besides that ascension cable would take up another vital button on our controllers :p

I'm don't want diversity amongst the classes, just a universal climbing ability.

I think this is where we disagree the most.

I like the diversity in the classes.

So ya I would make it so one of them could do some sort of climbing/cables, another one could do melee attacks, another one could maybe swim or go underwater for a bit, ect.

Allowing everyone to do everthing don't ever give anyone a upperhand in any given situation.

I like the fact that I can get you somewhere where I have the advantage and then pull the trigger.

giving different abilities to different classes like that would imbalance them greatly, balancing should be done through weapons and strengths, not the ability to climb or melee.

the upper hand is won through know which weapons have the greater strength in your situation or knowing you have more backup.

giving different abilities to different classes like that would imbalance them greatly, balancing should be done through weapons and strengths, not the ability to climb or melee.

the upper hand is won through know which weapons have the greater strength in your situation or knowing you have more backup.

It could be either or. Not all battles are won by who has the bigger or better gun. If you can swim or climb or use a knife or a sword this could help you greatly in combat in the right places. But if your out in the middle of a field or in a long hallway that gun would be my first choice.

And if I'm a Gungan and a Jedi is chasing me, I'm going for the bottom of the lake.

I know there will a imbalance if you have a guy that can use the surroundings better then the other guy.

But like any game you have to spend time on balancing things out.

I doubt star craft had it all right when it first came out.

That is why they need to continue to support the game after it comes out.

I know it isn't necessary to core game play, but it would be so fun!

you know that a game where guns and ordinance are everything you need to win, it IS the bigger and better guns, very little strategy is needed. Have you ever been in a situation where you turn a corner and end up killing off like 6 guys? not very strategy based if you ask me.

When you said climbing I was thinking of the vehicles walking up the cliff in clone wars.

That would also be cool.

Maybe climbing and swimming underwater would work with a display meter that goes down while your doing it.

That way some could climb or swim longer based on their kind.

Climbing up cliffs would be epic.

I totally agree with shukkoku's idea for climbing. Not big climbs... small ones. Think of Mygeeto BFII. The center tower. You know the ledges that build into the main platform that runs all around? The ledge that breaks up and lets you walk up the side... That ledge I'd like to be able to climb. Just 6 ft or so.

I love how this jondavis can actually conceive of a class ability to climb. So all other classes are barely past toddler years or something? Give me a break. Universal climb or none at all.

I mean, it could be cool if there was one or two campaign levels where you need to ascend a cliff to get to an objective, but i would leave it out of core game play.

Another thing about core game play is going prone, they definitely need to bring that back, or at least make crouch more affective, all they did in BF2 was bend their knees and hunch their shoulders (-.-)

• 3 weeks later...
I mean, it could be cool if there was one or two campaign levels where you need to ascend a cliff to get to an objective, but i would leave it out of core game play.

Another thing about core game play is going prone, they definitely need to bring that back, or at least make crouch more affective, all they did in BF2 was bend their knees and hunch their shoulders (-.-)

Yeah, I definitely would not want climbing up cliffs to be on every map. Just one or two.

Archived