Home

More Secret History?

SyntheticGerbil

• 4 months later...

That looks cool, Laserschwert... but you could probably find more professional typefaces! And, a little more whitespace.

Also, using all those screenshots without a release from LEC will probably get you a letter if you try to do anything with it other than put it on Mojo for free.

That looks cool, Laserschwert... but you could probably find more professional typefaces! And, a little more whitespace.

Also, using all those screenshots without a release from LEC will probably get you a letter if you try to do anything with it other than put it on Mojo for free.

The thing is REALLY just a very early test (although I don't see anything wrong with Myriad... definitely one of the better fonts for bodies of text). And I don't think it will ever become anything else than a free download (if that)... that's the reason for the ideas thrown around above.

I have a lot of other stuff going on right now, so I haven't worked on this any further.

Something I should note in the event that this project is being done in such a way that it would be hard to alter article content retrospectively is that once all 15 Secret History's are published, I'm going to do a pass on all of my text to get rid of a lot of the grammar, spelling, and awkwardness issues.

Something I should note in the event that this project is being done in such a way that it would be hard to alter article content retrospectively is that once all 15 Secret History's are published, I'm going to do a pass on all of my text to get rid of a lot of the grammar, spelling, and awkwardness issues.

Did you ever get around to adding the interviews with Noah Falstein I posted here? If not, you shouldn't forget those on your second pass.

(Yes, I should just check, shouldn't I?)

Edit: I checked, you never got around to adding it to the Fate of Atlantis article.

Secret Histories are easily the best articles I've read on that site. Once they're done with GF and EMI, they shouldn't stop, they should just keep going, covering the best non-adventure LucasArts games, and the games by all those former LEC employees, like Humongous' games, Psychonaut, A Vampyre Story or Telltale's games.

Personally I'd love to see a FOTAQ secret history but it's sadly not related to LEC. :(

Edit: I checked, you never got around to adding it to the Fate of Atlantis article.

Maybe it's karma coming back at you for not adding to the Indy Guide all the stuff a lot of us gave you in the last 2 years. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Secret Histories are easily the best articles I've read on that site. Once they're done with GF and EMI, they shouldn't stop, they should just keep going, covering the best non-adventure LucasArts games, and the games by all those former LEC employees, like Humongous' games, Psychonaut, A Vampyre Story or Telltale's games.

Man, I agree with this full heartedly. That would be such a great compendium of reviews, tips, trivia, and behind the scenes art and information on the LucasArts Universe and beyond.

I can only dream, but when you talk that way, blueskirt, you make me drool. Everything about the Secret History articles, from the way they are laid out to the pacing to all of the inside dirt they gather makes for some of the greatest reading on afternoon workdays.

Man, I agree with this full heartedly. That would be such a great compendium of reviews, tips, trivia, and behind the scenes art and information on the LucasArts Universe and beyond.

I can only dream, but when you talk that way, blueskirt, you make me drool. Everything about the Secret History articles, from the way they are laid out to the pacing to all of the inside dirt they gather makes for some of the greatest reading on afternoon workdays.

:indif: lolwut?

I think the problem is that Mojo should already be all of those things in the much more logical form of its Games Database, which never really realized its true potential. Just so you know, the Secret History articles actually began with the simple observation that Mojo didn't actually have reviews for the great majority of the classic LEC adventures (though granted a good deal of that is old reviews all being lost from various server crashes). They ended up turning into something far bigger, but I'm not sure that continuing to write gigantic articles on each game is the proper way to go about filling in the glaring content deficiencies of our archive.

I completely agree that Mojo should be the ultimate resource on trivia, tips, media, scoop, etc. on all the games it covers, but I think the real answer lies in its database being given an overhaul and a much bigger priority in the site's next iteration. My biggest hope for a new Mojo would that the amount of content you see in a Secret History article is a glimpse of what each individual game database entry would contain, as opposed to this.

I think the problem is that Mojo should already be all of those things in the much more logical form of its Games Database, which never really realized its true potential. Just so you know, the Secret History articles actually began with the simple observation that Mojo didn't actually have reviews for the great majority of the classic LEC adventures (though granted a good deal of that is old reviews all being lost from various server crashes). They ended up turning into something far bigger, but I'm not sure that continuing to write gigantic articles on each game is the proper way to go about filling in the glaring content deficiencies of our archive.

Ah, I see. I know I've seen a lot of the trivia and concept art for many games before on the site, but I really enjoy the way it flows together in the Secret History article. Maybe the articles don't have to be so big for everything, but the organization style of the new Secret History articles makes for good reading.

Maybe for "lesser" games, mini versions of what's going on in the Secret History articles might be doable?

It's fun to read just a pile of text on your favorite company or game though. The LucasArts Museum website would be much more interesting if it weren't solely a gallery. And the old Maniac Mansion site (which I think you wrote, right?) was neat to go through the first time I did, but the information was great to reread all over again in the Secret History. Maybe I'm just too much of a fanboy?

Archived