Home

Idea for New Star Wars Game

Commander Dimal

It's not like you can carry all those weapons and equipment at the same time. You would have 3 different weapons at the same time: a pistol, a main weapon, and a secondary weapon. For equipment you would have medpacks and a choice of one of the other things listed. I said in my earlier posts that you can't carry all that stuff at the same time. I don't plan on there being vehicles scattered everywhere in convenient locations and the vehicles can be destroyed by enemies and there would be only about 1 or 2 every level. On some levels you would play as clone trooper, some as clone commandos, and some Arc trooper. Certain weapons, equipment, and vehicles will be limited to certain units. At least the amount of grenades you can carry will be more realistic than in RC where you carry 20. I will also need to change the ammunition capacity of some of the guns to make it realistic. You will most of the time be an elite unit and you can melee enemies and some weapons can take out heavy units. Some of the weapons are automatic which means your ammo will be eaten up like in other games but not that quick. You should read all my other posts from the beginning. I have a feeling you didn't read them all and also do some research on the things from the lists.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any game design or modding skills at all and I don't know anyone who could make this game. These are just ideas I had for a new Star Wars game. Everytime I get modding tools they never work. Maybe you and everyone else here could call Lucasarts and maybe they would make it. Also give credit to where and who you got this idea from. Maybe if I can figure out how to use the modding tools I could make a mod similar to this game.

that would me cool, you can use unrealEd for make the game... it would me on the same format than RC an UT but still, it should work just fine... we should defiantly give LA this idea! it would me a best seller! If some1 knows how to contact LA do it! :p

-Hooper

Well this is Lucas Forums, which means there is a really high chance that someone on these forums is with Lucasarts. We could tell them here or contact them at http://www.lucasarts.com. Also this may be off topic but did any of you guys here the sad news? Just check out this link. http://karentraviss.typepad.com/blog/2009/08/end-of-one-era-start-of-another.html

i really hate to burst your bubble, i really do, but LA will not accept your idea. trust me. ive contacted Blizzard Entertainment and Nintendo of America twice each, Bungie Studios once and LA once and they all said the same thing: "Although we greatly appreciate your idea, we cannot accept it due to company policy." they actually dont appreciate the idea, theyre jsut saying that to be nice. and if you think about it, if every gaming company accepted fans ideas for games, not only would the companies be overwhelmed with so much, often useless, crap and an even crappier budget and tiny workforce. plus if they did, wed be at StarCraft 10 by now. :S sorry if i destroyed your bubble, but thats why fans come together to organize ideas and make unofficial or flash games. just like what were doing now...

and about your comment on my suggestion, i do tend to skim when im reading a really long post or article. sorry about that. but i did go back and read it thouroghly. good job.

It might still be possible. Think, how does Lucasarts get ideas for new games. We would need to reach out to their heart and soul. We could contact an employee that we could trust and maybe he could give them the idea. We could create a group of followers to vote on the idea. We would need to find out what their company policy is. We could tell some employees about the idea and see if they like it and if we can get a lot of the employees to like the idea then they might make the game. If we jump at it head first we will get nowhere. Sometimes we need to approach things slowly from the side to succeed. Who's with me!

eyy, remember we are the costumer, WE are gonna buy the game...

LA would me stupid if they don't listen to the people...

we know best what we want to buy... an i LOVE ACT an clone troopers :D

that's the thing...

send them the ideas :D

-Hooper

It might still be possible. Think, how does Lucasarts get ideas for new games. We would need to reach out to their heart and soul. We could contact an employee that we could trust and maybe he could give them the idea. We could create a group of followers to vote on the idea. We would need to find out what their company policy is. We could tell some employees about the idea and see if they like it and if we can get a lot of the employees to like the idea then they might make the game. If we jump at it head first we will get nowhere. Sometimes we need to approach things slowly from the side to succeed. Who's with me!
I Say That Might Work. But If We Do Tell About It We Still Need A Storyline....... Something That'll Fit The Game And Won't Look Like It's Just Some Star Wars Fans Hoping For More Star Wars Video Games. Thats What We Need...... What Do You Guys Think It Should Start Out As And We Work Our Way Up From There? And If Anyone Is Good At Drawing We'll Need Some Concept Art And We Will Also Need Some Environment Ideas So Then It's Not Random. I Hope LA Listens :D

P.S. Hooper, It's ARC Not ACT.

There are forums on http://www.lucasarts.com with users like us. One of you guys or me could start a thread there and tell people about the idea and they might like it. So then if the idea is everywhere that would increase the chances of it, but give credit to who and where the idea came from. If I make an account there it will be Commander Dimal too.

I thought of who the main character should be. They would be called Alpha-59 and the Arc with you in solo and the second co-op character would be Alpha-18. I want to have new characters since Alpha is already a well known character. I will change Alpha to Alpha-59 in the level list. Also what should Alpha-59 and Alpha-18's nicknames be. Give me some ideas, probably something Mandalorian. I thought of stuff for multiplayer too. There would be lots of good maps and there would be a feature that lets you build maps your own in game maps similar to Forge from Halo. There would be certain achievements you can get during the game and you can unlock stuff by finding B-1 battle droid heads hidden in levels, just like the Halo skulls but it's a battle droid head instead. For multiplayer you can chose to be a Clone, Niemodian, Gossam, Geonosian, Trandoshan, Muun, Skakoan, Droid, or Nimbus Commando. Each of those would have certain armor and accessories and some special ones too that can be unlocked by getting certain achievements and finding certain battle droid heads. For the clones you could have Phase I or Phase II armor, commando armor, and Arc trooper armor and some accessories from RC multiplayer and others too and for all sides the accessories actually do stuff. For each side you chose a primary and secondary color for your armor. The game modes would be the same as in RC with others too.

Hey, Just An Idea, Instead Of Something Like Forge We Should Do Map Editing Like Far Cry 2 Where You Can Change The Actual Landscape And Put Guns, Ammo, And Flags (For CTF). And It'd Be Also Pretty Cool If You Could Break Walls To Get To Your Objective Faster. :D And We Could Add Something That I Don't Even Think Any Game Has Done..... MAKE Campaign Levels! Keep The Physics Real Like How Far Someone Goes If They Get Blown Up, And Give A Ragdoll Effect :D. And For Online Multiplayer, The Host Of The Game Gets To Choose If It's Droids VS. Clones Or Something Like That.

P.S. Dimal, This Thread Is Breathing Life Into The Forums

P.S.S. Beanlord, You Got Any Concept Art Yet?

I posted a thread for the game on http://www.lucasarts.com and they just locked it up for no reason. FIGURES!!! Everytime someone has a good idea they always get turned down and never get to tell anybody. This is the way I see it: They always try to make everything like the dumb Original Trilogy or like the Clone Wars show where they only make boring games instead of action games. Just look at the Old Republic. You can see and hear that a lot of stuff in there is based on the Original Trilogy, that will just make it boring. Instead of making new stuff they just make everything dull and boring like the Original Trilogy or kiddy like the Clone Wars instead of making any thing new or with action. Which is probably the reason they won't make RC 2. The reason everyone makes fun of Star Wars is because they won't add action. They just keep it boring like the Original Trilogy or kiddy like the Clone Wars show. Nobody probably liked the Prequel Trilogy just because it didn't have Original Trilogy stuff. That's my theory on why they don't make anything with action and just keep everything the same.

I posted a thread for the game on http://www.lucasarts.com and they just locked it up for no reason.
Just As You Said. FIGURES!!! :headbump:headbump We Need To Get Their Attention...... Maybe We Could Find Someone Who Knows What He's Doing When Making A Video Game And Make It Then Just Send Them A Copy And See If They Like It! Only Problem: Finding Someone Who Knows What He's Doing When Making A Video Game :¬:

Archived