Home

[K1] LS Options For Genoharadan Quests

Darth Manus

Since I've never done the Genoharadan quests, as unlike the bounty quests on Taris they have no LS resolutions, I was wondering if someone would have the time and the patience to make some additions to them so you could find alternatives to killing the targets, or perhaps find some clues as to what Hulas is really up to by sending you against them.

• 10 months later...

I was wondering about that. When I first saw this sub-quest, I thought it would kind of be like the Morag Tong in Morrowind. I mean, seriously, why would someone get a huge amount of DS points when they kill a terrorist or fail to get a slaver to come peacefully.

Just seems kind of odd to me.

While that wouldn't be the worst idea, it does somewhat conflict with the main point of the Genoharadan. A group of assassins that work to ensure the stability of the Republic, which means that they kill certain individuals who might threaten this, no matter how small.

Though it might be true that killing the targets might not be the best option, its the option that doesn't allow them to continue their work. Sure, convincing them to stop or change their mind might work, but nothing says they aren't going to lie to you about doing so, or that they will even consider for a brief moment to heed your words. Though adding some choices to find out more about him, would fit.

I was wondering about that. When I first saw this sub-quest, I thought it would kind of be like the Morag Tong in Morrowind. I mean, seriously, why would someone get a huge amount of DS points when they kill a terrorist or fail to get a slaver to come peacefully.

Though TSL managed to avoid it in certain places, the morality in KOTOR is very simple, at least for most of the quests. The main reason that you get DS point for killing the targets, is because they are sentient beings that made no threats against you, or mostly even against others, but here you are coming to kill them, for a reward.

What might be better to offer is perhaps 'neutral' or 'less-DS' ways of doing particular quests. While I never played through most of the Genoharaden quests (LS FTW!), I could imagine that there would generally be 'neutral' ways of playing through the quests, meaning that you could at the very least allow LS plays to go through it without incurring huge amounts of DS points. It might screw up something badly, but I might do a playthrough at some point in the near future and have a look. I, too, thought it was odd.

Well, it's like in Taris, when you kill Selven, you don't get DS points for killing her, for the price.... so why should it be different in the Genoharadan quests, it have alway bothered me to gain DS points when I want to be a good boy x)

No matter how one might justify their actions, being an assassin is inherently a 'dark-side' choice.

But with that being said I was surprised that even when the player gave the target the chance to surrender that you still received dark side points for defending yourself. If anything, atleast when you attempt to resolve those quests through capture they shouldn't penalize you.

I can't do it myself, but that's where I would start.

Well, we have" for example mira, in K2 she's a bounty hunter, and does it make her someone bad? We also have Jango Fett, who bis the bad guy in the movies, because he's an opponent of the jedis, but he's not so bad. There is also Canderous, who is'nt really someone good, but we can see that he just have the mandalorian crazy concept of lifre, he don't kill people to kill people, but to "fight", so I don't see why killing, some guys who ae threats to the republic would be so wrong, (I know they aren't but revan don't know it when he kill them).

Speaking of the GenoHaradan and K2 ...

What if you could suggest what may have caused the creation of different factions GenoHaradan in the KotOR - the first option having the GenoHaradan continue as the assassination organization as usual and the other option being the death cult the GenoHaradan was presented as in K2. As the original K1 GenoHaradan missions are all covered with alien speech files, an author could technically have the members say anything they wanted to.

One other point: if the main player character in KotOR didn't take any of the missions in the first place, it certainly wouldn't explain how he caused a schism in the GenoHaradan.

PS: I think I should abbreviate GenoHaradan next time. LOL

Though TSL managed to avoid it in certain places, the morality in KOTOR is very simple, at least for most of the quests. The main reason that you get DS point for killing the targets, is because they are sentient beings that made no threats against you, or mostly even against others, but here you are coming to kill them, for a reward.

Tell me about it, especially since I ended up finishing the Sunry quest right before starting that, it seems overly simplistic.

Of course, I have a rather "cowboy" sense of law and order which might be my problem. Still, if you try to talk them into surrendering, you really shouldn't get DS points. Besides, killing for money and trying to track down dangerous sentients (while being paid for it) are totally different things. ;P

Tell me about it, especially since I ended up finishing the Sunry quest right before starting that, it seems overly simplistic.

Of course, I have a rather "cowboy" sense of law and order which might be my problem. Still, if you try to talk them into surrendering, you really shouldn't get DS points. Besides, killing for money and trying to track down dangerous sentients (while being paid for it) are totally different things. ;P

In the end, what would having them surrender do? For some of them, not exactly enough. Sure, someone like Vorn wasn't doing something technically "wrong" when you find him(hunting Kraayt Dragons), and you show up to kill him, just because Hulas said he was, "dangerous". To who? The other hunters on Tattooine? For Rulan, you can see why he would be dangerous - he could be almost anyone, which might allow him to do more harm than good. Of course, the main reason that someone might kill them as ordered, is because of the promise of a reward, and the fact that they see no reason to find out anything about who they are ordered to kill - which helps, since not knowing a man is a loving father would make it easier.

However, it might not be a bad idea to allow for at least a lighter or neutral option, it doesn't fit with what Hulas wants. His agreement with you would be for them to be dead. Lying would be an option, but considering the fact that when you tell him about their deaths, he doesn't give much praise, other than "Yes, I know.". Based on that, he would know if they are dead or not, giving him reason to not reward you, and thus it isn't very interesting quest(along with not very worth it).

I was just playing, and I did the zuulan quest...

When started his speeder's alamr, he's the one who pick up a fight, while i just say "I set off your speeder alarm, im XXX" , so then he try to kill you, you beat him, and then he ask you to spare him. I ask

"why should I spare you?",

then he say he will give you 200 credits, I said

"You're a slaver, I can't just let you go like this"

so he say something like "you think i let you do? i will fight !! (or die) like a warrior" (i'm not sure about it xD), so he attack you again. And then i get DS point. That, just don't make any sense at all...

Archived