Home

I Started That Trend : Nerdy Stuff That Became Popular

Father Torque

I was into video games before mostly everyone born in 1990 that went to my high school.

Then they became insanely popular and then i got bored of (many of) them. go figure.

1990? Pffft! I was playing Mario on the original NES in 1990!

For my age group I was a gamer, internet fiend, and a technophile before everyone turned into one. I was playing M-Rated games before everyone else... at around 8 years of age, and witnessed them at around 6 or 7 on a regular basis. (Hexen, Doom, and Unreal)

That's pretty much anyone who pays attention to stand-up comics. His last special wasn't half bad though.

Well color me a trendstarter because I've hated Dane Cook since the first time I laid ears on him. This was around 2000-ish I think, and we've developed a healthy hate relationship since where-in I avoid anything he touches like the plague.

I laughed at Dane Cook for a while when I first heard his stuff, and I suppose it conjures up a chuckle every now and then, but I refuse to say that he's "good."

Why? Because he claims to be a comedian. Dane Cook isn't a comedian. Dane Cook is an entertainer who tells long stories, makes stupid noises, and phrases sentences awkwardly all while flailing his arms all over the stage. Over. And over. And over again.

• 1 month later...

Archived