Home

Official Indie Game challenge thread!

tn_205x123_indie.jpgWe're Saving this Spot for You; Enter the Challenge!

Are you developing the next big hit? Enter your game in the Indie Game Challenge for a chance to pitch your game to top publishers, a shot at a scholarship to The Guildhall at SMU, and more. Plus, a Grand Prize of $100,000 will be awarded to the top two developers.

Enter your game by October 1: Details here!

Hey everyone. The add above is for the indie game challenge (Desccribed in the add)

I thought it would be cool to enter some of your "perfect video game" ideas.

Heres the links:

http://indiegamechallenge.com/?or=nl

• 2 weeks later...
Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
headerslice.jpg

tn_205x123_indie.jpgINDIE GAME CHALLENGE

Hey everyone! I just got the Gamestop newsletter and there is an advertisment for the 2010 Indie Game challenge. For those of you who dont know what the indie game challenge is you can visit there site. I think this would be the perfect chance for all you designers out there to show off your work and possibly WIN! There is a prize for the winner. So all you game designers get out there do what it is you do best!

Post your game Ideas or show us some of your game creations.

ATTENTION

Please if you do post any images put them in spoiler tags to keap the thread clean and organized so we have a good source of info. If you do not know how to use spoiler tags click here. Thank you purple_tentacle_

Ok heres my game Idea. I didnt submit it becuase of course there is no way I am going to get even close to creating it but I was thinking of like a new Full Throttle Remake kinda thing. Thats what I kinda had in my mind. Like 3D but not like the Hell on Wheels one. It would be just like the original but a different story line, 3D graphics, new point and click Comands on the bottom with a Rocket dock kinda deal (Comands Ex. Push Pull Talkto and Use), plus a item wheel next to that, and a co-op game mode (Example: First player will be the original Main character [sorry forgot his name at the time] and an all new character introduced at the start of the game.) It would also include an unlockable Original Full Throttle Game mode just like Lucasarts did with Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (DOTT included Maniac Mansion and Staff of Kings included Fate of Atlantis). It would also have a feature that would allow you to download other Sequals/ Episodes ( The game would come with episode one then you can download other ones from the menu option called "Downloads" on the main menu. So You can Download other Episodes and Features.) It would be released for PC, X-Box 360, and Wii. Thats my Idea.

This is the equivalent of asking a spider monkey to develop a thermonuclear weapon by himself alone, with sticks and banana peels for materials, and with a 3-month timeframe. This is impossible, even for a well-organized indie team.

Even if it was possible, my favorite studios (Iron Tower Studios, DoubleBear Productions) are nowhere close to release.

Official? :confused:

Not official but I wanted people to post there game Ideas not just look at it and leave.

This is the equivalent of asking a spider monkey to develop a thermonuclear weapon by himself alone, with sticks and banana peels for materials, and with a 3-month timeframe. This is impossible, even for a well-organized indie team.

Even if it was possible, my favorite studios (Iron Tower Studios, DoubleBear Productions) are nowhere close to release.

Well Its been going on for a while but I thought this would be a good place to post your game Ideas for others to comment on and maby give you some ideas. But this is a yearly competiosion. Its only available for the U.S. I am not sure if there is one for other countrys. I will check it out.

ATTENTION

Please no one spam it up by saying stuff like " This is to small of a timeframe" and stuff. I want this to be a place to post your game Ideas. Thanks :thmbup1:

I'd make GTA4 but more colourful and humorous, and I'd make it so you can fly and shoot lasers out of your eyes with which you can blow up buildings (everything would be destructable) and it would be called "Fealiks is awesome". I think I'm up to it.

Please no one spam it up by saying stuff like " This is to small of a timeframe" and stuff. I want this to be a place to post your game Ideas. Thanks :thmbup1:

No one was intentionally spamming; I suggest you edit your first post...

But anyways, I did actually have an idea for a game today. It's basically one short game but the key "gimmick" is that you select an age certificate at the start and the game is adjusted accordingly ;)

The main story and such stays the same but the game is altered to be more violent or more cuddly depending on the classification. It would be quite fun for a few minutes I reckon ;D

My idea is to make an adventure that mixs a Brave New World with the humor of BASS (Beneath A Steel Sky).

This gave me the idea for a Monkey Island game WITHOUT the humour :o

(I don't just mean not funny and crap, I mean like mother ****in' scary ghost pirates and shiz)

No one was intentionally spamming; I suggest you edit your first post...

But anyways, I did actually have an idea for a game today. It's basically one short game but the key "gimmick" is that you select an age certificate at the start and the game is adjusted accordingly ;)

The main story and such stays the same but the game is altered to be more violent or more cuddly depending on the classification. It would be quite fun for a few minutes I reckon ;D

Well what I meant I dont want people to like just talk about the game challenge I want some game Ideas and so far I am liking them. I will edit it add it in.

This gave me the idea for a Monkey Island game WITHOUT the humour :o

(I don't just mean not funny and crap, I mean like mother ****in' scary ghost pirates and shiz)

You should add some humor in you know like some movies would be all scary but one small thing could make the theatre crack up and it wouldnt even be that funny. Its because the movie isnt a comedy and you sitting on the edge of your seat and then all the sudden this guy says somthing. Or it might even be justs a character thats not seen alot in the game and when he does pop up he always makes them lough and then he gos away for awhile.

Gross. :eek:

agreed :barf2:

Gross-man!

Hey whats up with your frantic franko in your signature? I have realy been wondering what it is. Is it a game? Oh and the link is broken or somthing. Can u give me an exact link? Why dont you post about it on here this would be the perfect place. Oh and just to throw this out there I dont want people to be afraid to post there ideas if there afraid that somone is going to steel it (Excuse my spelling just a little summer moosh taking efect.) it would be on here so you have proof its your idea. Thanks :thmbup1:

Hey whats up with your frantic franko in your signature? I have realy been wondering what it is. Is it a game? Oh and the link is broken or somthing. Can u give me an exact link? Why dont you post about it on here this would be the perfect place.

The link wasn't working only for a few hours or so. It works perfectly now. (Btw I've responded to the message you've sent me, but I can see you didn't receive it).

Anyway, Frantic Franko is my own adventure game. With a nasty, half-blind dwarven warrior as the main hero. Currently, I've released a big wip demo (Mojo wrote about it in the news a month ago). The full-version will hopefully have voice-overs. If anyone is interested not only in trying the game out, but also reading about it's development process, I'm keeping a development diary of sorts on my indie adventure gaming website.

Archived