Home

To sell or not to sell (Wii)

Because if you paid $250 for it in the first place, you'll probably get a return of less than the original price?

Because there's a very good chance that you'll want to use it again in the future?

Because it only takes up the size of a router, and weighs barely 5 lbs, to boot?

Because they'll probably be worth much more as a collector's item in the future?

Because if you keep it you're wasting time playing a game and NOT getting laid.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sigh, always making me look stuff up :p

http://www.edge-online.com/news/nintendo-no-%E2%80%9Csignificant-reason%E2%80%9D-to-make-wii-hd

As far as the Wii is concerned, we have not found a significant reason to make it HD-compatible at this time... What is the significant meaning to the users? I don’t think we should do it unless we find that reason.

If we have an opportunity to make a new console, it will probably support HD because it is now common throughout the world.

Because if you keep it you're wasting time playing a game and NOT getting laid.
I am sooooo offended by your horribly executed and completely non-sequitur post. Your awfully belittling comments have sent me into a swirling torrent of misery and doom, where I dwell in closeted homosexuality, because I'm apparently half the person you are, all because I own a Wii. :hor:

Sigh, always making me look stuff up :p
That article I posted was from last year and that is about the time I read it too. I haven't been really following the issue like you have obviously, so I had no reason to believe otherwise until now. :xp:

It's nice to be updated. :D

I am sooooo offended by your horribly executed and completely non-sequitur post. Your awfully belittling comments have sent me into a swirling torrent of misery and doom, where I dwell in closeted homosexuality, because I'm apparently half the person you are, all because I own a Wii. :hor:

I'm glad you understand.

Well I am convinced, I have decided to keep the Wii. Thank you all for your inputs!

I have to agree Nintendium is very amazing.

@Lynk Former:

Mario Party 8

Call of Duty 3

Carnival Games

Wii Play

SW-TFU

Guitar Hero Aerosmith

Guitar Hero 3

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

SW-Lightsaber Duels

Mario Kart

Legend of Zelda: TP

Wii Sports

Link's Crossbow Training

Here's what I have... (the bolded ones are ones people should consider getting)

Animal Crossing: City Folk

The Conduit

Deadly Creatures

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Elebits

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

House of the Dead: Overkill

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Link's Crossbow Training

MadWorld

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Strikers: Charged Football

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

No More Heroes

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Wii Play

Sii Sports

Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Oh and for WiiWare I have...

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life as a King

LostWinds

Star Soldier R

Toki Tori

There are a lot of games on the horizon for me to get for Wii such as...

Dead Space Extraction

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Ju-On: The Grudge

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Monster Hunter 3

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Red Steel 2

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

I think I'm forgetting something but *shrugs* whatever...

Metroid Prime 3

Super Mario Galaxy

SSBB

LoZ: Twilight Princess

Excite Truck

Red Steel

MadWorld

No More Heroes

Mario Kart Wii

Animal Crossing

Mario Party 8

Wii Sports

Skate It

There's still a lot of titles which I haven't played yet, especially from this year, so you must excuse the brief list. I've also played the hell out of most of the games, particularly SMG, which is probably the most replay value you can ever find out of any Wii game yet.

For Wii I have...

Twilight Princess

Mario Party 8

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Bleach: Shattered Blade

Super Mario Galaxy

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

No More Heroes

Wii Sports

Wii Play

Don't think I'm forgetting any at least. I traded in STFU, GHIII, and Tiger Woods 07 a while back.

I am looking forward to...

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Red Steel 2 (kind of)

And maybe a few others. I definitely think there are plenty of good games for Wii even for "core" gamers. Bull**** like friend codes piss me off though.

I never understand anyone getting rid of any console tbh. There is always the possibility of a game you really want coming out for it after the fact, and then you'll be pissed off. I hardly touch my Wii, but my kids play it now and then, so there is no way I'd sell it. Hell, it's worth holding on to it for the Metroid Prime Trilogy alone.

A Link to the Past >>> Ocarina of Time

Agreed, though them's fightin' words to some people.

I think that both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were great games in their own right, just not as good as A Link to the Past.

A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are both equally great and can't be compared properly because one is 2D and the other is 3D (plus, they practically are the same game any way if you look at the structure of how the game unfolds). Majora's Mask is so damn underrated so damn awesome that at times I feel that it surpasses both ALttP and OoT. The Wind Waker is also awesome but could've been even more awesome if Nintendo had've delayed it a bit longer.

A Link to the Past >>> Ocarina of Time

Twilight Princess >>> Ocarina of Time. :p

I just think that Twilight Princess is more varying then OOT. Ocarina felt kinda repetitive for me when I re-played. There isn't much side missions to do, and Hyrule field isn't as big as I remembered it back in 1999. In Twilight Princess, the first dungeon comes after multiple events. In Ocarina, the first dungeon comes after one event. In Ocarina, I can think of only a few side quests you can do in the beginning. Probably more. But in Twilight Princess, there's a huge amount of them, that I can't even keep track of which one I was suppose to do. Plus, Midna is better then Navi. :p

Majora's Mask is so damn underrated so damn awesome that at times I feel that it surpasses both ALttP and OoT.

The doomsday clock in that game is what makes me not play it. It just feels like its forcing to complete your objections and feels rather half baked. Not to mention, it completely ruins areas which I saved from danger. Other then that though, it has a great tone and atmosphere that felt different then past Zelda titles.

And uh, a Wind Waker remake for the Wii would be great. Seeing how I've never played the game, and I can't find copy's of it in stores anymore.

Twilight Princess >>> Ocarina of Time. :p

Oh, it's go time :D

I just think that Twilight Princess is more varying then OOT. Ocarina felt kinda repetitive for me when I re-played. There isn't much side missions to do, and Hyrule field isn't as big as I remembered it back in 1999. In Twilight Princess, the first dungeon comes after multiple events. In Ocarina, the first dungeon comes after one event. In Ocarina, I can think of only a few side quests you can do in the beginning. Probably more. But in Twilight Princess, there's a huge amount of them, that I can't even keep track of which one I was suppose to do. Plus, Midna is better then Navi. :p

You're kidding me, right? There are more side quests in Ocarina of Time than there are in Twilight Princess hands down. The majority of play time you get from Twilight Princess is from the main story while Ocarina of Time balances it out between the main story and side quests a lot more. Also, there are around the same number of dungeons in OoT and TP and the events in between dungeons is a non-issue since it varies between the dungeons/events and game.

As for Midna and Navi, they're both annoying 'cept Midna has child bearing hips.

I mean, I love Twilight Princess, the story is pretty epic and it's a well done game, but there are parts of it that are pretty half assed... add to that the fact that a lot of the game bases itself on nostalgia toward OoT in the first place...

The doomsday clock in that game is what makes me not play it. It just feels like its forcing to complete your objections and feels rather half baked. Not to mention, it completely ruins areas which I saved from danger. Other then that though, it has a great tone and atmosphere that felt different then past Zelda titles.

Light weight :p That's part of why MM is so great, at first you feel so under pressure, but once you figure out how the world works and the time travel mechanics. Just because you reset time doesn't mean it's ruined... after all, if you need to go back and do something in the previous area after you have defeated the boss, all you have to do is stand on the portal at the start of any temple and it'll take you straight to the boss fight, thus opening up some of the options that only appear once you've completed a temple (such as the black smith to upgrade your sword).

If you actually look at Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... OoT is the one that's half baked since it began its life as a remake of A Link to the Past. With Majora's Mask they had to go in and practically reinvent everything and flesh out all of the NPCs a hell of a lot more than they ever did in any previous Zelda game.

And uh, a Wind Waker remake for the Wii would be great. Seeing how I've never played the game, and I can't find copy's of it in stores anymore.

They won't be remaking it (because it doesn't need to be remade, it still looks damn sexy even today), but there's a Wii version of The Wind Waker coming out soon which is a port of the GCN version with Wii controls and 16:9

Archived