Home

How do things just "disapear"?

DrPhil2501

I'll ellaborate further by telling you a little story.

About a few months ago, I owned a Sony Ericson K610i mobile phone; which was obviously very important to me. The phone has itself been in my property for over a year... until now.

The day I was schedualed with my dad to take me for a driving lesson, I gathered all my belongings; including my phone. I couldnt be anymore crystal clear than I am now, but I remember placing my phone in the left pocket of my jeans - with absolutely no possible way it could fall out.

A few hours into the driving lesson, we were just about to finish up. As I parked the car and got out of the drivers seat, I decided to feel for my phone placed in my left pocket. Nothing. I checked my pocket to make sure I wasnt losing my senses. Nothing. I checked my other pocket. Nothing there either.

I checked every single possible place on my body that it could have clinged onto. So far no luck. So then we decided to make a clean sweep of the car. We have checked every possible square inch of that car, and yet we have nothing.

There is no possible way it could have escaped from my pocket. I remember having it even before I entered the car.

This isnt the only time this sort of thing has happened to me. In the past I have lost pencils, documents, cash and even my glasses (which turned up in a very unexpected place where I swear I have not put there)

So please, anybody please tell me; how the heck do things just suddenly disapear? Vanish into thin air, without you knowing? Its so frustrating, its driving me to the edge of insanity.

A miniature black hole came into existence right when you slammed on the brake at the red light. The massive amount of force exerted in direct opposite of the car caused a particle collision at massive speeds, thus creating a micro black hole, much like with the LHC back in September, only in your pants. The probability was quite high for the hole to to be created in your pants, seeing the massive amount of friction that took place between the phone and the denim. Thus, it came down to either your pants or your phone to be deleted, and since Fate is a cruel thing, it had to be your most cherished possession (Not pants).

This is the ultimate scientific scenario for any lost personal effects. o_Q

A miniature black hole came into existence right when you slammed on the brake at the red light. The massive amount of force exerted in direct opposite of the car caused a particle collision at massive speeds, thus creating a micro black hole, much like with the LHC back in September, only in your pants. The probability was quite high for the hole to to be created in your pants, seeing the massive amount of friction that took place between the phone and the denim. Thus, it came down to either your pants or your phone to be deleted, and since Fate is a cruel thing, it had to be your most cherished possession (Not pants).

*calls lost cell phone*

*colon vibrates*

Its something I've experienced more then 1(00) time(s). I lose something. I kill myself looking for it for 2 days. (maybe more, maybe less) 2 days later, I forget about it, and I find it laying in broad daylight.

If all else fails, follow jmac's advice. Unless someone took it on purpose, I'm sure whoever picks up would be glad to return the phone.

If we ask, for instance, whether the position of the electron remains the same, we must say 'no'; if we ask whether the electron's position changes with time, we must say 'no'; if we ask whether the electron is at rest, we must say 'no'; if we ask whether it is in motion, we must say 'no'.

The electrons in your cellphone went to Miami for a vacation.

I certainly would'nt want a miniature black hole in my pants; I have something in there more of value than my cell phone :[

That being said, have you tried calling it?

yeh, Ive tried calling it. It just goes into message bank. Plus, theres the fact that it ran out of battery power, so that doesnt help me much. I lost my Phone about 2 months ago, but I replaced it with a newer one. I'll make sure that never leaves my sight o_Q

Maybe you're a magician and just don't know it!

Don't worry though, it's always in the last place you look.

Well, yeah. Why would you keep looking after you already found it? :D

I always seem to lose things out of nowhere... It happened to my Digimon toy when I was a wee lad, but then I realized that Pokemon > Digimon, and moved on...

You know....they say now, that you can get the "Crime Deterrent" option with your cell phones. Anyway, it's something you might want to consider.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Oooooh, that's gotta hurt! :doh:

You know....they say now, that you can get the "Crime Deterrent" option with your cell phones. Anyway, it's something you might want to consider.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Oooooh, that's gotta hurt! :doh:

Hahahaha! :rofl:

Blame Mr. Grinch

Nah, its them damn Borrowers! Nasty little pests they are :(

You should have some x-rays to make sure no tracking devices were placed during your abduction.

These two posts win! :D:thmbup1:

Archived