Home

How do things just "disapear"?

DrPhil2501

I usually have three objects I keep in my pockets that are flat and shaped relatively the same: wallet, phone, and butane lighter. Those could easily be mistaken for one another when I need them. If I feel something in my pockets, then I know I have at least one of them. That doesn't exactly mean I have all of them, as the lighter has a nasty tendency to slide out while the wallet often is mistaken for the phone.

Is it POSSIBLE that it could have slipped out of your pocket, or that you unconsciously placed it somewhere else?

Is it POSSIBLE that it could have slipped out of your pocket, or that you unconsciously placed it somewhere else?

Quite probable... We did stop for a little break in the middle of the driving session. Its possible it could have just "somehow" slip up out of my pocket and land on the pathway... I know this may make me sound abit in denial, but I really dont think there is any way the phone could have slipped out. Its a fairly deep pocket, i must say o_Q...

But you could be right; it may have slipped out. I got a new phone in the end... I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this type of problem before

I have the answer....

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

This means that this is the only possible explination so it must be the truth....

A miniature black hole came into existence right when you slammed on the brake at the red light. The massive amount of force exerted in direct opposite of the car caused a particle collision at massive speeds, thus creating a micro black hole, much like with the LHC back in September, only in your pants. The probability was quite high for the hole to to be created in your pants, seeing the massive amount of friction that took place between the phone and the denim. Thus, it came down to either your pants or your phone to be deleted, and since Fate is a cruel thing, it had to be your most cherished possession (Not pants).

This is the ultimate scientific scenario for any lost personal effects. o_Q

Of course it is the last place you look is aways where you find it because you dont keep looking after you find it
Um, that's generally the point. ;)

I certainly would'nt want a miniature black hole in my pants; I have something in there more of value than my cell phone :[

TMI!!!

Could be stuck down in your car seat somewhere. If you ran into anyone, there's the possibility of a pick-pocket, too. Report it as lost to your cell phone company asap in case someone stole it so that they can de-activate your phone and then it can't be used to run up your bill.

Probably went to a pile somewhere....

Anyway, I rarely lose things. Certain things I just can't, since I can't really act careless with them. Only things I usually take with me out anywhere are my phone, keys, wallet and Ipod. I haven't had to replace any of those yet.

Um, that's generally the point. ;)

I certainly would'nt want a miniature black hole in my pants; I have something in there more of value than my cell phone :[

TMI!!!

Yeh Jae... MY WALLET =D lol

Could be stuck down in your car seat somewhere. If you ran into anyone, there's the possibility of a pick-pocket, too. Report it as lost to your cell phone company asap in case someone stole it so that they can de-activate your phone and then it can't be used to run up your bill.

As I have said before, we searched EVERY SQUARE INCH of that car. No where in sight. And yeh, I did deactivate the phone incase anyone just so happened to find it and keep it for themselves. Luckily there was no battery power left...

if there was a mini black whole in phantom knights pants, why were'nt the pans themselves sucked up?

Ah, a time-bending surrealist question.

The reason the pans weren't sucked up is because the crying heron was an obtuse part of the mini black whole, ignobly understating the condition of phantom knights*® pants.

I know that you say you looked through the entire car, but is it possible that it could have slipped between the seats or under the cushions? Since you've already got a new phone, it doesn't really matter anymore, but you want to know what the hell happened to it.

I had something like that and it turned up in a place that I thought it couldn't be... 'I had not gone through that pile of junk in a month' I thought. Sure enough, there were some things that were on top of it like a new soil horizon. I almost had gotten a new phone, but was just so convinced I still had it.

Perhaps there was a temporal anomoly in which the electrically active phone got shifted a half second into the future. Now your phone is permanently stuck in the future, until such time as you can cause yourself to go the same distance along the temporal axis. Of course you really have to go get it. Your phone could hold open a rip in time and cause a disruption of space-time.

i think this thread has attracted some scientists

Perhaps there was a temporal anomoly in which the electrically active phone got shifted a half second into the future. Now your phone is permanently stuck in the future, until such time as you can cause yourself to go the same distance along the temporal axis. Of course you really have to go get it. Your phone could hold open a rip in time and cause a disruption of space-time.

No argument there, lol

Archived