Home

OMG! Something freaky just happened!

Today, my family and I were just minding our own business. My mom was downstairs in the kitchen, my little sister was in my parent's room watching TV, and I was in my room on my laptop. My dad and our family friend was gone to the laundromat.

All of a sudden, we hear a crash. We look everywhere, finding the source of the noise. It came from the bathroom.

Here's the funny thing. Our bathroom mirror was well secured on the wall, with frames around it. We find the framed mirror, in the bathtub, broken! It was as if it flew out by itself! But when my mom flipped it over... there was an old picture of a drawn lady with a bonnet! Scary...

We never knew there was a picture behind the mirror. Has something scary like that ever happened to you guys?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today, my family and I were just minding our own business. My mom was downstairs in the kitchen, my little sister was in my parent's room watching TV, and I was in my room on my laptop. My dad and our family friend was gone to the laundromat.

All of a sudden, we hear a crash. We look everywhere, finding the source of the noise. It came from the bathroom.

Here's the funny thing. Our bathroom mirror was well secured on the wall, with frames around it. We find the framed mirror, in the bathtub, broken! It was as if it flew out by itself! But when my mom flipped it over... there was an old picture of a drawn lady with a bonnet! Scary...

We never knew there was a picture behind the mirror. Has something scary like that ever happened to you guys?

No, but I once woke up and the area around my nipple was painted like the Death Star. I think Jesus did it

Anyway your house is haunted. You must call Ghost Busters or GTFO quick

I have this Lego Yoda thing (its like a foot and a half high) it was in my bedroom. I woke up in the middle of the night and I saw its eyes move. In the morning I saw that it's eyed were in a wierd position and it was not how it was when I went to sleep. Man I have a whole lot of these stories.

Yeah, that'd be good. But if my house is haunted, maybe we should bless it or something. And if more activities like these happen again, I might go on the show and share my story. That picture maybe haunted...

And your story does sound scary, Canderis! :eek:

And to answer your question, maverick187, my dad volunteered to wash the clothes. You don't see that everyday! :lol:

when i was 6, i was playing with my favorite plane toy: a little plastic nasa shuttle. it had little wheels, and when you pushed it along the ground, it had a little grinder inside that lit the plane up with sparks.

one day i wanted to make it go the fastest i had ever done. i got the grinder going by runing it along the ground again and again, faster and faster, until i finally let it go. it sped down the veranda the fastest i had ever seen it, the sparks lighting it up like bulb.

but that wasnt all.

it flew.

it was for but a moment, but it flew. when i told my mum, she crushed my excitement and said it was impossible.

but noone can tell me otherwise.

i know it flew.

It's the truth! Honest! Sadly, we weren't there to see the crash. :(

I got a suggestion SR, if your parents will allow you to do this, cut out a piece of cardboard or a thick enough posterboard that will fit the old frame that orignally had the mirror in it. Then take the drawn picture that your mother found and attach it again behind the old mirror frame that has the new cardboard, posterboard, etc. in the old frame. When you got all that done, why just hang that sucker back up on another wall (not in your bathroom - you'll understand why say that because of the next paragraph, heh, heh) and if possible, exactly the way it orignally was secured like in your bathroom; well you just want to make sure it's secured to the wall to where no vibrations or anything else can knock it down - know what I mean.

Now then, next get a recording camera that can record for several hours, nothing fancy I think any normal video camera will do. Set the camera up in the best position possible to watch the mirror frame so you can see if it happens again.

I'd give this experiment at least 2 weeks or hell, maybe even a month - your choice. Anyway if it doesn't happen again, then you'll know that it was something not paranormal and just a freak incident. And that would probably help ease your mind, well maybe, LOL.

But, if it does happen again, well...it's gonna suck to be you right at that moment. Naw, I'm just kidding:D But seriously, if it does happen - then you've got some evidence for any future paranormal investigations and don't forget you could put the video on YouTube as well. Hell..who knows, TAPS or some other famous group of paranormal investigators may even come and pay you a visit.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion, But you never know though, it could happen again.

Thanks, purifier. That's a great idea! :)

And Rogue15, I'll try my best to show you guys the old drawn picture.

Problem is, however, my mom is trying to get into one of those Antique shows on TV, and sell the picture. It may, as she claims, costs thousands of dollars. :D

But yeah, I'll try to take a picture of it and show it to you all. I'll also try purifier's idea too.

Thanks, purifier. That's a great idea! :)

Your welcome and best of luck too ya!

Problem is, however, my mom is trying to get into one of those Antique shows on TV, and sell the picture. It may, as she claims, costs thousands of dollars. :D

Well maybe she will let you try the idea out for a little while anyway or at least until she sells the picture.

On another note:

All this freaky paranormal stuff just remind me of a incident that happened to me a couple of years ago, I'd say about 6 months after I moved in to the house I live in now.

I was up really late one night playing JKA on my computer in my living room and one of the light bulbs in the ceiling fan fixture popped and broke into pieces on the carpet floor. The rest of the broken light bulb(the metal part) was still screwed in tight to the socket; had to get pliers to remove the rest of it later on.

Anyway..the freaky thing to me was, that it had no electricity running through it at the time; no electrical power what-so-ever, the ceiling fan wasn't even on and switch to it was turned off.

Now too this day I still don't know if it was just a freak incident or some entity with a wild hair up it's paranormal ass that did it. Now there have been other things that have happen as well, come to think of it, but they are minute compared to this one incident.

Now I'm usually skeptical when it comes to the paranormal thing, but the weird stuff that goes on in this house sometimes makes me wonder?

I'll try. It's kinda hard to get my mom and dad to get it back on the wall and film the incident again. But I sure can show you guys the pic! :)

And man, that is scary, purifier! It'd sure be scared if something like that happened to me. Funny thing is too... is that we moved to our new house, experiencing this. I'm tellin' ya, if something like this happens again, we should move.

:raise:

I'm extremely sceptical of anything seemingly paranormal... So...

Could you explain exactly how it was secured to the wall? Screws? Nails? Super-glue? (Super glue can fail under the right conditions: age, weathering, the constant weight of holding the mirror to wall) If screws or nails: how old are they, at what angles are the screws or nails positioned at, what is the condition of the holes they are driven into in the wall?

Could you also elaborate on the layout of your bathroom as well? Please include the location of the bathtub in relation to the mirror. It is possible that the mirror could have fallen, absorbed the force of the floor, and then bounced off of the floor and then landed in the bathtub. This hypothesis all depends on the angle of the mirror if it fell, the potential transferrable force in the mirror and the floor, and the distance of the mirror's original position in relation to the bathtub. Outside forces, I don't know what, may also have been involved.

I'd also be interested to see that proposed video if this happens again...

I really don't know how old the nails are. But I know my mom placed four nails at each sides: top, bottom, left, and right. The mirror with the frames around it was on top of the sink, a few feet above it.

The tub is on the left angle of the sink. When you come in the bathroom, the tub is in the center of the bathroom. Our bathroom is quite small.

The framed mirror maybe bounced off the sink, and crashed into the tub. Maybe it was a freak incident.

Was it a bad idea to share this? I mean... I didn't mean to waste anyone's time. If I did... I'm really sorry, everyone.

Was it a bad idea to share this? I mean... I didn't mean to waste anyone's time. If I did... I'm really sorry, everyone.

I don't think you wasted anybody's time SR, as for me I find it interesting when some freak incident like that happens; especially when you just moved into the house.

What Arcesious said above in his post is more likely the real probability of why the mirror fell...well most of the time, but still you never know. I say that because I have heard of similar instance happening with other people that I know or don't know in conversations about the paranormal. Usually they say that they've just moved into to thier new house, and most of the time the house is old, when strange things started happening after living there for a short time.

After a while of enduring the crazy ****, they will bring paranormal investigators in on it if the problems don't stop after a certain amount of time has passed. Some of the time it turns out to be nothing more than a old house falling apart - small earthquakes or animals living in the walls, attics, etc. But sometimes it turns out to be something that can't be explained no matter what investigators try to do to debunk the "my house is freak'in haunted" claim.

So anyway if freak incidents like that continue to happen around your house, well just keep a video camera ready and try to capture them on video if you can. It always helps in backing up your claims. :)

Paranormal explanations are certainly feasible, however they are way down on the list of possibilities simply because likelihoods are generally correlated by other findings. For examples elves may be a reasonable explanation if biologists, anthropologists and palaeontologists all supported the belief that elves may exist for various reasons.

It is difficult to conduct experimentation to develop paranormal theories because the circumstances may very well be unique in every incidence, which in fact would be the inferrence of paranormal explanation (ie. not being correlated by other sciences/findings).

The distinction between paranormal investigation (parapsychology) and supernatural explanation is generally the recognition that some natural mechanic is at work, but it is simply one which is poorly celebrated or entirely unrecognised.

Parapsychologists have often postulated the hypothesis that youth anxt in a household may be responsible for poltergeist activity, however no celebrated case of telekinesis among humans or any other creature has even been recorded. I'm sure not for any lack of deluded trying.

More commercial "psychic investigators" have often asserted unusual data recordings in houses supposed to be haunted, dramatic and sudden temperature variations, high static and other essentially meteorological recordings inside the premises however none of these findings have ever stood up to serious scientific scrutiny, nor has any photographic or recording evidence when examined by celebrated experts. Again this is not for any lack of trying.

If there is any kind of paranormal or supernatural explanation I should say congratulations are in order, as you will be the first person in history to have witnessed such a thing...assuming you can prove it.

But not for any lack of trying.

Nevertheless at the very end of the list of scientifically reasonable possibilities remain such explanations as alternate dimensions and alien interactions (whether spirits or whatever), however there simply exists no correlation for them, except the faerie of elfshome in ancient mythological anecdote. What we would be talking about is elves.

Do you really think there are elves in your house?

Archived