Home

OMG! Something freaky just happened!

BEHOLD!...WHISTLER'S MOTHER. With her.. penetrating eyes. But yeah, it is a creepy picture.

Now..she see's you face to face. Always glaring at you with those mesmerizing eyes, watching you as she hangs on the wall, making sure you know that she's there and that she knows what you have done. Therefore, those eyes, THOSE EYES, make you cringe as she stares at you with accusations not saying a word; which slowly drives you to madness. MUUHAHAHAHAhahahaha!

Which may go like this:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
P123009001.jpg
Your Response: :raise:What'a ya staring at?

Show spoiler
P123009001.jpg
Your Response: :mad:OH LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE FOR GODSAKES, STOP STARING AT ME !

Show spoiler
P123009001.jpg
Your Response: *chews on fingernails* :sweat:LOOK....you don't understand, they were just begging for it. YEAH! That's it..it was their own fault I tell you.

Show spoiler
P123009001.jpg
Your Response: :eyeraise:WHAT! You know they had it comning damnit, you know I had to do it.

Show spoiler
P123009001.jpg
Your Response: :(You don't know how hard it was not to, I just had to teach them a lesson. What else do you want from me, a full confession?

Show spoiler
P123009001.jpg

Your Final Response:

Show spoiler
ALRIGHT, I ADMIT IT!.. THAT'S RIGHT! I ATE THE LAST OF THE DANISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES! THERE! ARE YA HAPPY NOW? HUH? WELL..ARE YOU?

*walks away* :fist:DAAAAMMMMN YOOOOUUU!

Show spoiler
P123009001.jpg:loco:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm in the outskirts of New York one night and we stop at this little gas station to gas up the car. There's this man that walks up to me. He looks like some sort of colonial interpretor. He has his tricorn hat, he walks up to me and sets his hat down and asks "Do you know the way to Wall Street?" I say no and he just leaves. I see he forgot his hat and he just walked around the corner. I walk around the corner and all I see is low fog. I did some reasearch on New York Ghosts and I heard that frequently the Ghost of Captain William Kidd asks random people the directions to random streets in NY city! Apperently I'm related to him. I still have the hat!

I have another story. I was at my friends house and we are up stairs playing video games, where we hear this rumbling downstairs. We walk down where we hear it again! It turns out it was the french doors that lead into the dining room. We hear it again and again! There was no window open! Then we see this shaddow which just erks and disapears. All of a sudden it was all cloudy and rainy outside. It was just a sunny day though! Then we walk into the kitchen to get a snack about an hour later when we see a knife with blood on it! I asked my friend ifhe has a knife like that but he said no. We were so freaked out, we asked his dad to drive us to my house! They had their house blessed soon after.

Do you ever get feeling that someone's watching you from behind from everywhere?!?!

I get this feeling sometimes i have a random pains for appsolutely no reason.And sometimes you also get the chiles on your back saying that it's cold.

And most freakin thing is that when i sleep i don't have dreams.I just wake up like everything is blank in my mind.And i rarely get dreams but sometimes when i do i see future stuff and when i see this really happeaning i say deja vu but then i start searching through my mind for memories of this and i can't find any.I also sometimes imagine things that later happen somehow i can't explain it.

3 theories

First

I've got a ghostin me but still have control of myself.

Second

I'm imagining things.

Third

These are signs that i have supernatural or paranormal powers.

Now that you mentioned it, purifier, it does feel like it's staring at me. Like in my very soul!! :eek:

And it's a good thing you didn't, El Sitherino. :lol:

Whoa...

After hearing you guys' stories... those do sound scary! I guess this goes to show that people should never underestimate the paranormal. Get your house blessed! Pray! Drive those evil spirits away!

One time, in our old house, I could've promised a ghost was glaring down at me when I woke from my sleep in the middle of the night. Thankfully, I had my lamp on. But boy, was I scared!

My second little sister also claimed that when she was about to go to her room, she saw a shadow person dash into her closet! She never had a door, because the house was really an old apartment. We lived upstairs.

Then my third sister, who was in the back of an old office at our church, said that she heard voices calling her name. No one was with her nor around her at the time, because everyone was at the foyer, getting ready for a holiday party.

Man... the paranormal sure scares the chizz outta of me! But try playing "The Exorcist" theme music while staring at that pic! *shivers*

You might break down hallucination into two categories: perceptual and sensory.

Frequently, with sensory hallucination (eg. disappearing apparitions, disembodied voices), they are a matter of wiring. This should never be confused with having no cause, the hallucination is quite relevant and this is probably its fright value.

The brain is an extremely complicated structure, a biochemical device with microelectrical function which takes all the way to your late 20's to finish developing.

All that time it is still sorting the immense volume of sensory input it is capable of absorbing moment to moment, into appropriate signal response and associations.

The conscious mind inherently filters the total volume of sensory input in order to allow physical efficiency. You don't consciously think about every footstep to a door, every motion of the arm and hand to manipulate the handle, you just walk over to a door and open it. A great deal of information filtering is going on there.

This doesn't mean your subconscious brain isn't still absorbing all available sensory input. You're just filtering it for efficiency, it's like a form of self hypnosis.

Ergo, whilst your brain is still forming, still associating various new sounds and circumstances it is perfectly normal to misalign signals, to hear a possum as a crying child because it's late, you're watching a movie and the possum is mating outside the window. Upon closer examination in a closed environment you would identify the peculiar sounds of a possum mating, but under given circumstances with other factors involved your brain may "play-back" a sound which is approximately similar and with which you are much more familiar. A crying baby.

The thing which makes sensory hallucinations ghostly is the fact most people tend to assume hallucination means invention, which it does not. You were aware of something, but the conclusion where it is supernatural is naturally incorrect. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, something happened, but it is always something mundane, misinterpreted.

The interesting epilogue is that modern science has barely begun contemplating the full extent of possible mundane awareness. Medical science is still playing catchup with quantum physics, there are no facilities within the mental health institution for example, to account for the fact as a radiative electromagnetic working process, self awareness or the mind should according to established physics, involve quantum mechanics with external processes. Jung's collective subconscious could be much more real than many think.

Technically quantum mechanics should be involved with brain activity. But the political implications of such assertions are immense. It states by example that some community responsibility is directly attributable to sufferers of poor mental health, and a high incidence of reported poor mental health may be directly attributable to unhealthy regional political and sociopolitical culture, in a physical and medical sense.

So the medical community is unlikely to open the pandora's box of paranormal influences upon brain function any time in the near future, at least somewhere like the US. Better ghosts than bad politics.

I did some reasearch on New York Ghosts and I heard that frequently the Ghost of Captain William Kidd asks random people the directions to random streets in NY city!

Mmm. Interesting. Do you perhaps have a link to this research?

I've more than a passing interest in the 'Golden Age' of Piracy and Privateering, and while it is certainly true that Kidd was very active in New York before his execution in England, I have never heard of his ghost haunting the city.

I myself haven't had any paranormal experiences, so at the moment I don't believe in ghosts/ghoulies/ectoplasmic beings. Of course, that may change should their existence be proven to me. :)

I'm a Christian, so I don't believe in what is usually called the 'paranormal.' But I do have a freaky little story. (Warning: it has a happy ending.)

My family and I had been out shopping one chilly, rainy evening. We got home and started putting the groceries away, and we noticed the kitchen smelled a little funky--kind of a sickly sweet Mountain Dew smell. Then I noticed the kitchen floor and table were covered with a sticky yellow liquid. Everything would have been fine...except that my family doesn't drink Mountain Dew. We checked all the doors and windows; nothing was out of place. We were starting to get a little freaked out. We searched the house for almost an hour, but we didn't find anybody or anything. Our nerves fried, we decided to clean up the mess, have supper, and try to forget about it. I went to the pantry to grab some soup, and I noticed that a can of pears was all swollen up and had a hole in it. Turns out that can of pears had expired about, oh, eight years previous. Creatures had been breeding in there for who knows how long, and finally the can gave out, spraying all over the kitchen.

Dumb little story with a simple explanation, but it gave my family a good scare for an evening. :) (And it gave us an excuse to clean out the pantry, lol.) ;)

Why did I have to look at that picture right before bedtime? I'm going to have nightmares.... (though I have seen scarier, so maybe I'll be all right ;))

Anyways, I do believe in the paranormal, but it all depends on the circumstances. Judging by what you have said, SR, it's likely that something is happening at your house. Call the Ghostbusters. ;)

My grandmother had a space lunchbox when she was six. She loved it, and took it where ever she went. One year her mom sold it in a garage sale. She was devastated. A few months ago, she found same lunchbox on ebay. She bought it, and when she got it, she looked inside.

Her initials where carved on the inside of the box. She was reunited with her lunchbox.

JM

My grandmother had a space lunchbox when she was six. She loved it, and took it where ever she went. One year her mom sold it in a garage sale. She was devastated. A few months ago, she found same lunchbox on ebay. She bought it, and when she got it, she looked inside.

Her initials where carved on the inside of the box. She was reunited with her lunchbox.

JM

Weird...here's one story that I just remembered, reading all this paranormal stuff:

My grandmother died 3 years ago (it's almost to the day about now) from brain cancer. A few weeks later, a friend of ours who was also acquainted with my late grandmother had a 5-year old son (I think, I forget his age, it's been some time now...) answered the phone, and began talking for a while, and then hung up. When his mother asked him who he had talked to, he said "Grandma's friend" (his grandma, not mine). When asked which friend, he said "Evelyn", which happened to be the name of my late grandmother. That's the one and only time I've had the paranormal affect me. Life's pretty much normal now.

Do you ever get feeling that someone's watching you from behind from everywhere?!?!

Now that you mentioned it, purifier, it does feel like it's staring at me. Like in my very soul!!

ceiling_cat.jpg

... you know what he's doing. :xp:

I'm a Christian, so I don't believe in what is usually called the 'paranormal.'

Evil spirits messing around with humans (/vice versa) is more common than you think.

I know someone who has personally talked to, and exorcised a demon out of a girl.

Afaik, As for us, just be happy we've got angels pwning demons around us. If we were allowed to see it though, our minds would probably snap with the horror.

i can't say for sure if i believe in human spirits haunting this world, but i do believe in the paranormal. whether its angels, demons, or otherwise, i also can't say for sure. i just know that it doesn't bother me when that stuff does happen (and there have been a couple instances when it has). call me fearless or whatever, but i just don't believe that anything paranormal can actually harm a living person.

anyways, just my two copper coins on the matter. ;)

Evil spirits messing around with humans (/vice versa) is more common than you think.

I know someone who has personally talked to, and exorcised a demon out of a girl.

The story of Emily Rose comes to my mind when this subject is brought up.

i can't say for sure if i believe in human spirits haunting this world, but i do believe in the paranormal. whether its angels, demons, or otherwise, i also can't say for sure. i just know that it doesn't bother me when that stuff does happen (and there have been a couple instances when it has). call me fearless or whatever, but i just don't believe that anything paranormal can actually harm a living person.

anyways, just my two copper coins on the matter.

(Judging from your avatar, im guessing you're also a Christian, so i'll relate my opinions on this in a believer to believer manner :) )

Yeah, i'm skeptical about human spirit hauntings. If anything, it'd be demons masquerading as humans. I also used to think that the ones mediums contact were also demons pretending to be humans, but in the Bible, when Saul used a medium to contact the dead prophet Samuel, it did not say that a demon pretending to be Samuel came up, but it was Samuel himself. So as far as i can tell, "**** is legit". But for some reason, God really, really, doesnt like this sort of thing. which would indicate that the power does not come from Him. (side note: notice the place where the 'witch' lived... :xp:)

Agreed. Yet as common as it is and the more it happens in this day and age, there are some people who still don't believe it; or won't believe it.

The story of Emily Rose comes to my mind when this subject is brought up.

I saw bits of that movie a couple years ago. Im never really scared by movies/tv, but this one managed to do the trick. Mainly because it related to stuff that, according to Christian beliefs, is true. I would freak out if i was awake at 3am. :lol:

Now i just look at the clock and lol.

Emily Rose is fictional, but Anneliese Michel, the girl who the movie was loosely based on, was real. Her story is just as freaky though.

Afaik, As for us, just be happy we've got angels pwning demons around us. If we were allowed to see it though, our minds would probably snap with the horror.

My bad, I was unclear. I don't believe in the paranormal as in dead people gallavanting around and messing with people. Demonic activity, however, is most certainly real, though as documented in the book of Job, The devil and his minions can only go as far as God allows. (And I love the part in the gospels where Jesus commands Legion out of the man of Gad and they start screaming. It just warms my heart :) )

I don't believe in the paranormal as in dead people gallavanting around and messing with people. Demonic activity, however, is most certainly real,

Not wishing to start a theological debate, but in my own opinion, that's Hogwash.

Although, as i've stated before, if one of these 'demons' wishes to prove otherwise, then I might start believing.

ok, I'll give some of my own scary stories.

When I was little, i had a recurring nightmare, just me in the bathroom, staring in a mirror, i can't remember a reflection being there. But then, I feel a presence, look at the door, and it slams shut. I scream and scream, but its just air, no noise coming out of my mouth.

Then, years later, i move into this house. The bathroom we had originally is the one from my dream. We've since then remodelled. The bathroom looks nothing like it. Want more? Ok.

My sister see's dead people, no joke. She's walking around, me and mom are walking the dogs, when she see's a man crawling at the base of our basement stairs, bloody witha knife in his chest. She runs out of the houes faster than a lambourghini at a street race and runs towards us, seeing where at the end of the block heading back. What, still want more? Ok.

The last one was remotely explainable, like my sister is crazy or lying, but this one is down right creepy.

She's in the basement, again, and goes into the washer/dryer area, and see's a man, burnt, and bloody. He turns and looks at her, and she screams and runs upstairs, where I am in my room listening to music. We tell mom later, and she explains it away. Later, when I ask her about it, someone had died in our basement a long time ago. A little kid, small explosion with some paint/wood stuff. Something extra flammable. Yeah, i know, creepy huh?

Once, i was sleeping in my bed, and randonly half-woke up. My eyes are closed, so i decide to go back to bed, but the music i had playing was skipping. I have long suspected an "imp" or some minor demonic spirit to live in the house so i jokingly tell it to stop messing with my music. Next thing I know, I'm knocked straight up into a sitting position, pumping heart, panting like crazy. The music started playing normally again.

I was once looking for something in my sisters room, she likes to take my crud sometimes. I step in and see an outline of a man, tall with short spikey hair and hands in his pockets. I nearly jump the guym until i realize it was my sister's robert pattinson 'twilight' cardboard thing. looks just like him. I know the word but not the spelling. That's the last, and least serious story i have for now.

Demonic activity, however, is most certainly real, though as documented in the book of Job, The devil and his minions can only go as far as God allows.

What i really don't understand is just how demons are allowed to scare, attack, possess, and rape humans! It baffles me to no end.

(And I love the part in the gospels where Jesus commands Legion out of the man of Gad and they start screaming. It just warms my heart )

lol!

Not wishing to start a theological debate, but in my own opinion, that's Hogwash.

If you mean you don't want a theological debate here, we could take it over to the LF Christians group, and discuss it there. I am very interested in what you may have to say. :) I can't remember if you have to be a member to see the discussions in that group, though. (but if you are a Christian, there is nothing stopping you from joining the group :) )

^same goes for anyone who wants to discuss the Biblical side of this topic.

Once, i was sleeping in my bed, and randonly half-woke up. My eyes are closed, so i decide to go back to bed, but the music i had playing was skipping. I have long suspected an "imp" or some minor demonic spirit to live in the house so i jokingly tell it to stop messing with my music. Next thing I know, I'm knocked straight up into a sitting position, pumping heart, panting like crazy. The music started playing normally again.

I dont understand... where you *pushed* into the sitting position? Or did you sit up yourself?

Archived