Home

Batman Arkham Asylum

MysticSpade

Ok so the official demo is out and i am looking to get your guys thoughts on it. I was skeptical at first but after playing the demo this is a game that i am greatly looking forward to. Especially since its following the Arkham graphic novels intrigues me even more because those were very dark books. As of right now i personally cant find anything that i dont like in the demo. Cutscenes are amazing to watch, music is great and Kevin Conroy, Mark Hammil, and Arleen Sorkin reprising their roles and they still sound fantastic imo.

below are 2 links.

This is me playing the demo skipped some of the cutscenes to make time limit and rushed a tad bit.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

This is the streaming video of the demo cutscenes and all on my JTV channel, quality isnt as good since its a streaming vid.

http://www.justin.tv/mysticspade

i look forward to hearing your responses and opinions on this what seems to be amazing game.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played the demo at least 20 times by now, and I've since predordered the game. The brawling is very satisfying, and the stealth aspect of the game is just right.

I've played the last room more than 20 times by restarting that area. I like to screw around with those guys. I've strung them all upsidedown from the gargoyles, stealth takedown'd them all, loudly knocked them out, and a bunch of other stuff. It's way too much fun terrorizing the last inmate with batarangs.

Edit: If you do Y+B when you get up to x5 combo, you'll throw an enemy.

I saw some videos before the demo was released and it looked okish, so when the demo came out I figured what the heck its free...and just like Mystic I'm greatly looking forward to it now.

I've so far only replayed 3 times, if just to replay the final room (I didn't know you could restart an area ;o). I love picking them off one by one, and doing reverse takedown >:D.

yea the last room in the demo is fun to play around in. like if you pull up the reticle for your batarang instead of RT use RB and it will follow it with the camera for a more dramatic effect.

if you get a 5+ hit combo streak going hit y+b you will do a take down move which is pretty nice. in the demo you can actually unlock the riddler trophy by find his 2 trophies in the demo. the 1 st is in the first room you start in the 2nd is in the electric chair room. and you can view his in game model.

I hope the full game stays fresh longer cuz i am getting tired of great games being really short in playtime with limited replayability.

All this talk of RT and LB is confusing me, I have no such key on my keyboard...

Very good game, looks beautiful in 1080p on my computer, you can keep your game-pads and your up-scaled 720p. ;)

I'm undecided whether to order the standard edition or the collectors with its Batarang...

I'm finding myself using detective mode more than I'd like to.

What's the best takedown you guys have done? I think my best is when I took out three henchmen in a short amount of time. I strung one guy up, two guys walked under him, I batarang'd the hanging guy, and bam! Three guys down.

Another move I thought was funny is when I punched a guy climbing up a ladder.

Looks like the PC version demo won't let you edit ANY of the quality settings I'm stuck at 1680x1050 at whatever settings it defaults' date=' too.[/quote']They've also made anti-aliasing exclusive for Nvidia cards under "Nvidia Multisampling". Of course, you can easily force it with ATI cards via CCC or the like, but it's still a restrictive pain in the ass...

Funny; proprietary graphical options were supposed to be eliminated with increased competition and better rendering standards over ten years ago. Now, there's only ATI and Nvidia, and for the past five years I keep on seeing those damned "Plays Best on a Nvidia" emblems on every high-profile game. The Rockefellers are smiling today. :dozey:

Heh, this game looks completely awesome, and is probably by far one of the best Batman games yet...obviously:D I know that Steam is offering demos and a pre-order...so I think I'll take advantage of that:D

Arkham Asylum looks like a combo of Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, and a little bit of Prototype...

...oh, and Chuck Norris:D

If you pre-order on/in Gamestop you get a bonus challenge map where your poisoned or whatever by scarecrow and all the bad guys look like skeletons. Batman vs Skeletons...yea :D

And if you pre-order the Collectors Edition (the batarang looks awesome :D) you also get another bonus challenge map

Looks like the PC version demo won't let you edit ANY of the quality settings I'm stuck at 1680x1050 at whatever settings it defaults, too.

I does, in vista you have to right click on the short-cut and select launcher, not sure about XP but the launcher should be a separate program in the game folder. The other option is to do it in the .cfg file where you can change all sorts of settings.

ok as many of you know by now that have an XBOX 360 future games from this point on will have unlockable avatar clothing as rewards for certain achievments in games. A few people are speculating that their may be a batman cowl in our future......your thoughts.

Now THAT would be really cool, my Bro would definately be all over it{huge Batman fan}...I like these new additions that they keep updating the 360 with, all fun and games..literally:D

Hmmm, perhaps there could be a Joker thingy available? Who knows?:D

Am I the only person that thinks the Avatar marketplace items are bulls***? I mean, I like the idea of unlocking avatar items through achievements, that's something I thought they should have had since the NXE launched. However, am I going to spend money on s*** for my avatar that myself and friends will see for maybe a second every once in a while? Or am I going to save that money for something like, say, one of the Fallout 3 DLC packs (I know I saw quite a few avatar bits that cost 360 points, and the Fallout 3 stuff is 800 points).

Archived